Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 01:34 PM

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE MORNING, im so upset

This morning i went for a walk with my next door neighbour and her little puppy Milly. We were walking along the field as Milly cant go too far yet as she is only 13wks old and has only just been going out for 5 days.

We seen a staffy and her owner walking on the same field as us. Ive only seen this dog once before but we kept on walking. She soon caught up to us and Milly went over to sniff the dog, but as she did that the lead came out of Doreen's hand. She went up to the dog and Doreen got the lead and said c'mon. The staffy was sniffing her and as soon as she got up to walk away the staffy latched on to her and wouldnt let go.

I was totally horrified, as soon as i seen this i grabbed the back of the staffys neck and was trying to get the dog off Milly. I was going to kick it in the face but as Milly is so small i would have hit her as well. I turned around to see where the owner was and she had moved right away at the end of the lead gently pulling the dog. Of course i was angry and shouted for her to get her dog off.

She was in total shock and didnt know how to handle the situation, thankfully Pepsi stayed away and let me basically wrestle with this dog. Finally i got hold of the sides of its mouth and hurt it, then it let her go.

I quickly assessed Milly for any puncture wounds and couldnt see any but i felt a HUGE swelling on the side of her. I told Doreen that she needed to see a vet a.s.a.p. When i looked around the girl was walking away so i caught up to her and asked where she lived and told her that she will be paying the vet bills if something is wrong with her.

It wasnt even 2-3 min by the time we got in the house and while i was on the phone she passed away. I could hear gurgling coming from her stomach and some of her insidees were coming out from her back passage. She really didnt have a chance. Once speaking to 4 vets the nearest ona sunday was 20min away . I mean c'mon she didnt have 20min left in her, i was gutted that we couldnt get her there in time and that there was not one closer. I asked Doreen in the nicest possible way did she want to take her as she was already not showing signs of life for over 5/10 min. I did the eye test with her, pinched her pads and tried to get any natural reflex out of her with out success. We decided that in the end that we didnt need to go.

Doreens daughter came over and then they both went to the house where the girl lived. Her dad answered the door with a huge attitude, saying that his dog wouldnt hurt a fly and brought him out saying ' look i can tickle his belly' , sorry but WTF has that got to do with it. The bloody dog just killed a defencless puppy. The young girl was still in shock and screaming at her dad to get the dog out of the house. She was terrified. Then he came out and said we have only had the dog a week and that he was fine with other dogs. hmmm i beg to differ.

We have got the police involved, ive given a statement and they are on their way now to go and get the dog. This will be taken to court and the police woman said the dog will more than likely be pts as it showed no signs of aggression before it attacked.

I feel so sorry for Doreen as in the last year she has had to go thro her mum dying, taking early retirement to look after her husband who died 5 mths ago with cancer and now this. I really dont think she is gonig to cope with this last loss. Its far too much for anyone to take.

Sorry guys but really needed to vent and speak to someone. I really wish i could have done more for Milly and got the dog off her quicker. Its sad to say i sometimes carry a little handy pocket knife on me as they always come in handy and in the last year or so i havnt been doing that. I so wish i had it today, i really do.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Sorry for got to add

R.I.P Milly, no puppy should die so young
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Oh god - how awful.
Big hugs to you
xxxx

RIP little one
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 01:44 PM
oh my god, that's terrible poor little Milly, and poor Doreen... don't beat yourself up over it, you did everything you could for her. not everyone would have taken on a staff, it was a very brave thing to do i think. it's terrible that it ended that way, but you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time to run into this dog.
Run free little Milly.
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

OMG That is terrible. What a horrible thing to have to go through.

Kathryn
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

That is so shocking. No-one should have to go through that. Poor poor little puppy.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Yeah lets hope i never ever see that again. She wasnt in pain for that long thankfully. But you could hear her insides going, and she was gasping for breath like she couldnt breathe. It was truly a horrible experiance. Oh hear i go again lol, i never cry and now i cant stop lol
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by valandra View Post
Yeah lets hope i never ever see that again. She wasnt in pain for that long thankfully. But you could hear her insides going, and she was gasping for breath like she couldnt breathe. It was truly a horrible experiance. Oh hear i go again lol, i never cry and now i cant stop lol

Have you got any rescue remedy? Its great for shock, and it was a big shock you had. Might help to calm you down a bit. I can't imagine how you must be feeling.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Blimey, that is such a horrible story and i'm so sorry that the poor little dog didn't make it.

It sounds to me like you did everything you could and your friend was lucky to have you there.

At least you got the address of the dog owner and hopefully this won't happen to someone else.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Thats just horrific, what a terrible thing to happen - your poor friend. The dog must have injured her internally by the sounds of it, just awful. Good job you were there for your friend. Thinking of you all xx I just don't understand people - how could that man have such an attitude, i would have been mortified ! Poor little pup x

God knows how you and your friend must be feeling - i am crying just typing this !
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »