Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cody Vincent
New Member!
Male 

15-03-2016, 11:48 AM

Dog handle to walk two dogs at once?

“Hey guys what do you think of this idea that makes walking two dogs crazy easy?”

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...two-dog-walker
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-03-2016, 11:54 AM
I use a coupler, keeps the dogs closer together with less chance of tangling.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2016, 01:34 PM
I use a rubberised (non slip) line with a clip at each end.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-03-2016, 05:29 PM
I have no problem walking my two dogs holding their leads in one hand. It's easy to do if you use leads with soft handles that you can scrunch together, but more importantly you need to train your dogs to walk side by side!
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2016, 10:24 PM
I use a simple couple adapter as well, works very well as long as both dogs are about the same size.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-03-2016, 12:40 AM
Coupler for me.

I don't mind letting them go long 'from me' if 2 dogs are close together but I don't fancy two dogs going long from me if they can spread out in different directions.

What's needed (design wise) is a device which can slide and lock. Slide forward and lock to Keep them together when required or slide back towards the walker to let them roam in different directions.

I have a lovely coupler which was hand made by a bridalry for big Skye and little Fingal. The lady even did the two leather lengths to my spec based on their heights.

Skye and Fingal are gone now but to be honest my dogs have very different needs walk wise.

Willow (9 month Wolfhound) is on small walks.

Breagh (9 year lab x pointer) potters

Mij ( 3 year Springer is a rocket)

So the doubling up is less of an issue.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2016, 09:08 AM
I can't believe Breagh is 9
I use the same coupler that I used on my Dobermanns on the Pugs but the Dobermanns walked so much better on it. They used to walk by my hip but the Pugs walk further ahead and hardly ever in a straight line, it's more fun jumping all over each other. Luckily they are mainly walked off lead or as individuals.
Dorrit
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-03-2016, 03:44 PM
No way Id use it.

It looks like a recipe for disaster if the two dogs being walked are not well trained to walk side by side. and I cant see how the owner has any way of bringing one dog closer without the other .. Seriously impractical I hope I dont meet anyone using such a thing. The muppets who cant use a flexi are trouble enough.
muddymoodymoo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2016, 02:31 PM
I used to wish for a gadget like that years ago.

Then I trained my dogs to walk nicely next to me.On lead walking has never been the main part of exercising my dogs, only to get them to a place where they could run off lead.