Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by kate_7590 View Post
Iv just bought a guard and tailgate guard from barjo..id thoroughly reccomend their work.
Maybe you can find one on ebay or contatc barjo and ask if they have any second hand ones to fit your car
Thanks kate, thats one of the sites I looked on! Will send them an email & ask
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2011, 12:50 PM
I bought a tailgate guard and interior guard to go behind the front seats of my car (as I have a hatchback - means with the seats down, the dogs have more space). I went with MMG guards as they were a bit cheaper than Barjo (I'd spent a bit more on the car than initially planned). Unfortunately a bit of confusion with the order led to them making the tailgate for the estate version, but they should be getting a replacement to me this week. I'm impressed with the quality, anyway, and the interior guard is a great fit and seems very secure. I had a nosy at the tailgate they sent me and the doors are nice and sturdy - I paid a little extra for lockable doors, plus a split stable-door so I can open the top section to access the dogs without them trying to climb out. They made them custom for my car but posted them out - they were pretty easy to fit at home.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
I bought a tailgate guard and interior guard to go behind the front seats of my car (as I have a hatchback - means with the seats down, the dogs have more space). I went with MMG guards as they were a bit cheaper than Barjo (I'd spent a bit more on the car than initially planned). Unfortunately a bit of confusion with the order led to them making the tailgate for the estate version, but they should be getting a replacement to me this week. I'm impressed with the quality, anyway, and the interior guard is a great fit and seems very secure. I had a nosy at the tailgate they sent me and the doors are nice and sturdy - I paid a little extra for lockable doors, plus a split stable-door so I can open the top section to access the dogs without them trying to climb out. They made them custom for my car but posted them out - they were pretty easy to fit at home.
Thanks Krylr. I'll have a look at the website. The more I think about it the more i want one that is easily accessible. Are the doors mesh or plastic? Having 3 dogs in at once would be a nightmare without tailguard & easy access i reckon lol
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2011, 12:59 PM
It might also be worth you seeing if any metal workers locally to you also do car cages.

I have had one of my cages built by this man:

http://www.doggycages.com/about.html

He did a brilliant job, better even than barjo and cheaper. The disadvantage of using someone like that is they will usually have to start from scratch, measure your car and then build the cage / guards which can take 4 - 6 weeks sometimes. The larger companies like barjo often keep the cages / guards for the most popular cars in stock so they can post to arrive within 2 - 3 days. If they have to make the order up for you, they will usually have the technical data they need on file so you don't have to get the car to them to be measured.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Here's the guard (albeit too big for my car!)

And the interior guard (just tucked in here, it's now properly fitted)

To keep the car clean inside I bought a Hatchbag, which is a custom-made liner that velcros in to the back. My version covers the back of the rear seats too. Have to say I'm not very impressed at the moment as it keeps coming undone but because I give lifts to people in the back seats, I think it's partly due to the constant adjusting of the chairs. Hopefully once I move and don't use the car for people passengers as much as doggy passengers, it'll prove a bit more robust! Loads of people gave rave reviews when I asked, anyway.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2011, 01:11 PM
http://www.dogcages.net/Contact.htm

Dave from Barnesbrook is an ex aircraft engineer and he carries most car details on his laptop.

He makes bespoke cages and tailguards etc to the same quality as Barjo, they are silent and they come flatpacked and sent to in the post.

The lead time is short and, if the car model is new, he trots down to the nearest garage to measure up.

I have had 3 cages from him over the years for my cars and cannot recommend him enough. He even puts hooks on them if you want them for leads etc.

I have had a hatchbag for six months, and my dogs spend 50% of their time in my car and I have covered 18k miles since I got it, it has not moved ONCE since I have had it and I cannot recommend it enought.

The dog guard and tailgate guard means it cannot really move and I have screwed the latter through the hatchbag and the mat I ordered with it.

Fabulous job and it means cleaning is a doddle. No more bloody vacuuming!
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-06-2011, 01:14 PM
have a look on www.agiltynet.com if you want a 2nd hand one
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2011, 01:17 PM
As well as ebay, look here:

http://www.agilitynet.co.uk/clutch/fleamarket.htm
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Thankyou for all the replies, pictures & links peeps! Am gonna sit down in a while (hopefully) with a notepad & write down the different sites, prices etc & take it from there.

I'll be back later with prices etc & you can tell me who is & isnt the best place to order from.

Thnks alot for the advice
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 07:53 AM
Am off to look at a couple of tailguards this morning, foundthem on preloved, theres a couple on ebay too but really wanna try before I buy
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2