View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 10:17 PM

Dog Groomer using pics without permission!

Was just browsing through old bookmarks and found a groomer I had used for the dogs in June this year..
She was a mobile groomer and I admit the dogs had been kind of neglected grooming wise..but not to the point of being matted etc..They just needed a thorough groom to remove dead coat and a bath to freshen them up..

Now having had a Samoyed for 8yrs I am more than capable of grooming a dog..but things had gotten a bit on top of me, working more, Mum's treatment (which is still ongoing over 2yrs later) etc etc..

SO before we went on holiday I decided to get a mobile groomer in..she came and did Lola first..spent about 3hrs brushing and bathing her..when she was finished she brought her out the van and I instantly saw that her coat still wasn't brushed out right and she had a big dirty mark down her thigh..however..I pointed it out and she said she didn't know what it was..I then started to brush lola while we were talking and I brushed about 2-3 carrier bags of fur out of her in the 30 minutes or so..She admitted that she didn't realise she still had lots of fur to come out..

So that night hubby and I finished Lola off and found a horrible hard sticky mess on her belly..have NO idea what it was..but it wasn't wet..it was very weird..we had to shave it off so decided just to shave her whole belly (helps them cool down in summer)..

Groomer came back the next day to do Cruiser..who isn't keen on being brushed and had LOADS of coat to come out..
She spent 4 hours brushing him and when he came out hte van he didn't look any different!! there was an area around his neck that was a little "thinner" than the rest but overall didn't look like he had been touched..
Now I am aware that Malamutes are a hard breed to brush and Cruiser is even harder..we decided after that to just do it ourself and never contacted the woman again.. (think she took either £40 or £60 for each dog)..

So anyway..while browsing tonight I came across her website and she has a pic on her page of Cruiser..NOW I wasn't aware she had taken any pics and certainly never gave permission! I have emailed her and said I wasn't asked permission for him to be put on her website..

Then I found him on her face book (business) page and it says "malamute before bath and brush"..well she never bathed him and again no permission given for the pictures to be put on face book!!
I have left messages on [a social network] asking them to be removed and puttin the record straight that she never bathed him..

Am I overreacting??? I just don't want anyone thinking that he is one of her success stories because she was crap at brushing them!! and of course has no after pics!! (which confuses me as to why she even put them up!!!!)
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Hi Louise.
As annoying as it is, she doesnt need permission to take the pics, and she can put them on her site too.
Delos
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-11-2010, 10:21 PM
No your not overreacting. They should ask permission if they wish to use photos of your dogs for advertising.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Hi Louise.
As annoying as it is, she doesnt need permission to take the pics, and she can put them on her site too.
Oh well I've asked her to remove them..if she doesn't then I will just let everyone know how crap she is..
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-11-2010, 10:28 PM
by the sounds of it with your mom being ill and extra work you have enough on your plate so i would just let it go also i doubt you have any recourse to prevent the photograph being used.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Oh well I've asked her to remove them..if she doesn't then I will just let everyone know how crap she is..
Definitely!! Id ask her to remove them too!
Delos
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by astle9 View Post
by the sounds of it with your mom being ill and extra work you have enough on your plate so i would just let it go also i doubt you have any recourse to prevent the photograph being used.
Actually as the photo was taken in Louise's home without her permission she may have some legal recourse. If the photo had been taken in a public area or in the groomers property she wouldn't.

I'm not saying she should go down the legal route but as permission wasnt asked for in her property there could be a possible legal point
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by astle9 View Post
LOL thats not an option..

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Definitely!! Id ask her to remove them too!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Delos View Post
Actually as the photo was taken in Louise's home without her permission she may have some legal recourse. If the photo had been taken in a public area or in the groomers property she wouldn't.

I'm not saying she should go down the legal route but as permission wasnt asked for in her property there could be a possible legal point
Actually it was taken in her van on the road outside the house...BUT I won't let it lie...its only courteous to ask..and would only have taken seconds..had she asked I would have said yes anyway..but I don't like the fact that shes sort of using it to promote herself..
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 10:41 PM
I dont think you're overreacting - she'd just be showing that she can groom certain dogs and from what you have said she obviously cant. And I think she should have asked permission - if she'd took pictures of your kids then she'd definately need permission right?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >