Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2010, 11:39 AM
I bet the police handler doesn't get the same sentence

Poor dogs Syke & Duke run free at The Bridge babies safe from the inhumanity of man
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
when will people learn...
Sad to say IMO they will never learn. I look around and see people in all walks of life and in all socio economic groups and the basic thing that stands out is their self centered lack of thought except where it might benefit themselves.

When you get to my age you start to hate humans (A lot of them anyway!)
RedyreRotties
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Yeah. The more people I meet the more I like my dogs. I can't imagine a heat death, how awful that must be, incredible suffering.

lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2010, 03:28 PM
so sad some people are so stupid... i wonder how he would feel if he was to die like that! im glad he got the prison sentence, i hope people will start to realise not to do such an idiotic thing.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
does anyone know what happend to the police man that left his dogs in the van resulting in both of them dieing?

I wonder if he also got a jail sentence?....................
.................well done on the jail sentence, I just wonder if the police officer got off a bit lighter?
He's not been in court yet for trial he pleaded not guilty & is due in court again on 22nd February he is suffering from stress apparently(early retirement on health grounds methinks is looming on the horizon)
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
He's not been in court yet for trial he pleaded not guilty & is due in court again on 22nd February he is suffering from stress apparently(early retirement on health grounds methinks is looming on the horizon
whats the bet he doesnt get a jail sentence? same crime same punishment should be the way forward,

its the lack of consistancy that makes people have little regard for laws on cruelty to animals,
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
whats the bet he doesnt get a jail sentence? same crime same punishment should be the way forward,

its the lack of consistancy that makes people have little regard for laws on cruelty to animals,
I think the hearing will be put back again until he qualifies for an early pension & then he will be unfit to stand trial so will not be convicted.

What is so sick is that the dogs were yards away from air-conditioned police dog kennels !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wolfdogowner
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-01-2010, 06:53 PM
I cannot agree with the person that thinks this warrants only a fine and not a jail sentence. This person was an animal professional by the nature of their job and responsibility. The cruel and avoidable death of animals in their care must carry a punishment at least equal to property theft or failure to pay council tax. A monetary fine is a cop out and in my view the sentence should be harsher.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2