Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 08:15 PM

Hyper ESS lol

Well since ive been walking pepsi longer these days ive noticed that if i dont give her , her last walk at night she can be a little mare. Constantly wanting me to thorw her ball for her... all night

But a big suprise over the last few days is the walk on the field. Usually she stays close and brings me the ball so i can thorw it for her, but recently she is just running and running in huge circles , with nose to the ground sniffing everything, tail wagging so much its hitting both sides of her ribs. Its sooo funny to watch, but i can see her doing this a lot now

Is this possibly happening because ive started walking her more and she is getting used to the excercise? or if i dont walk her at least three times a day she gets restless. Im trying to cut her walks down to twice a day but she seems to be very restless in the house. Even a 5 - 10min walk in the afternoon she seems ok with that. As long as she gets out.

Dont know what i should do for the best. I know that if i get another job i prob wont be able to walk her in the afternoon
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Woody is like this all the time on walks, I wouldn't worry about it. That's their time to have a good run and sniff and explore the world. We do have an active breed so they are going to be hyper, especially as they are approaching adolescence and getting braver and more opportunistic.

Do you do any other things with her, such as games in the house etc?

We find the best thing for Woody is two 45 minute walks a day, 3 or 4 minute training sessions two or three times a day, a frozen kong (takes about 45 minutes of licking and pushing and searching for the kibble). We also play with him twice a day; tug, fetch, catch etc.

If he's really hyper in the evenings, which he is more and more these days we distract him with a game such as "which one" (guessing which hand the treat is in) or "find it" (searching for a hidden treat or toy). That usually does it.

Failing that we slip him a bottle of night nurse drowsy ;o)

KIDDING!!
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Woody is like this all the time on walks, I wouldn't worry about it. That's their time to have a good run and sniff and explore the world. We do have an active breed so they are going to be hyper, especially as they are approaching adolescence and getting braver and more opportunistic.
Do you do any other things with her, such as games in the house etc?

We find the best thing for Woody is two 45 minute walks a day, 3 or 4 minute training sessions two or three times a day, a frozen kong (takes about 45 minutes of licking and pushing and searching for the kibble). We also play with him twice a day; tug, fetch, catch etc.

If he's really hyper in the evenings, which he is more and more these days we distract him with a game such as "which one" (guessing which hand the treat is in) or "find it" (searching for a hidden treat or toy). That usually does it.

Failing that we slip him a bottle of night nurse drowsy ;o)

KIDDING!!
Oh yes ive noticed in the last few walks she runs about a lot more and likes to go and investigate things now. Well apart from plastic bags, she hates them haha.

In the house we do usually a 10min training session a day, hide and seek, hot and cold games. play with the ball in house and back garden. pigs ears keep her quiet for a while but i only give them once a week. Still cant find her kong, im sure she has hid it lol.

We keep her pretty much entertained all day but i do like quiet time as well. She knows when not to play.... oh batt running out noooooo