Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2008, 06:23 AM

Morning all!

Morning all,

Currently dry here, which is not what I expected, so a bit of a bonus.

Baz is in the shower, and is then walking the dogs for me, while I have mine and wash my hair.

Went out last night to a new Indian restaurant in Croydon and the food was just amazing. The bill was good too, at £45, which included £8.90 for drinks, so I didn’t think that was bad at all. We’ll definitely be visiting again

Lamb shanks in mint gravy for lunch, along with roast potatoes and roast vegetables – yum.

Have a great Sunday, everyone, and stay safe!

Today’s gem :
A man and his wife were having an argument in bed. After the husband had finally had enough, he jumped up and took a blanket to the couch.

The next day, the wife feeling badly about what happened, decided to buy her husband a gift. Since he was an avid golfer, she went to the pro shop at the club where he usually played golf.

The wife talked with the pro, and he suggested a putter and showed her one of his finest. "How much is it?" she asked.

"One-hundred and fifty dollars," he replied. She felt that was kind of expensive and told him so.

"But it comes with an inscription," the pro said.

"What kind of inscription?" she asked.

"Whatever you wish," he explained. "But, one of the old golfers' favorites is: 'Never Up, Never In'."

"Oh, that will never do!" exclaimed the wife. "That's what started the argument in the first place."
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-04-2008, 06:30 AM
Mornin Vicki, Mornin all, looks like a nice morning too, think I'll take the gang to the seaside today again.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2008, 06:36 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all

Christopher is going up to London today with a few friends, on of them is 21 today, not completly sure what they are going do, but they are having a meal somewhere near Hyde Park so I will have the day to myself

Hope you all have a good one
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2008, 06:38 AM
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2008, 06:44 AM
Morning all,
Well after a shaky start the weather came good yesterday and it looks just as nice this morning so it will be out with the paintbrush and slap a coat on the back door. Might even do some varnishing on the inside of the windows.
Diva is quite content in isolation and has got the hang of going out through the back door while Deccy goes out at the front. Next week they will have to go out at different times to be on the safe side. Deccy has called off his hunger strike, for now, but the slightest excuse and he'll be back on it
Heard my first cuckoo this morning, barely audible above the millions of other birds giving voice, and the hare had a hop past my kitchen window so life is definitely returning to the bog!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2008, 07:20 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

I am off today on an all day painting workshop, so have to make a packed lunch soon!
Hubby and Missy are off to Epping Forest to go on a sponsored walk to aid Battersea.
So I guess he'll need supplies to replenish that energy! Fingers crossed it doesn't rain on them!

have a great day everyone x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2008, 07:22 AM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Mornin Vicki, Mornin all, looks like a nice morning too, think I'll take the gang to the seaside today again.
Morning Denis - photos later please.....

Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Morning Vicki, morning all

Christopher is going up to London today with a few friends, on of them is 21 today, not completly sure what they are going do, but they are having a meal somewhere near Hyde Park so I will have the day to myself

Hope you all have a good one
Morning Christine - sound fab!

Originally Posted by Luz View Post
Morning Laura x

Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
Morning all,
Well after a shaky start the weather came good yesterday and it looks just as nice this morning so it will be out with the paintbrush and slap a coat on the back door. Might even do some varnishing on the inside of the windows.
Diva is quite content in isolation and has got the hang of going out through the back door while Deccy goes out at the front. Next week they will have to go out at different times to be on the safe side. Deccy has called off his hunger strike, for now, but the slightest excuse and he'll be back on it
Heard my first cuckoo this morning, barely audible above the millions of other birds giving voice, and the hare had a hop past my kitchen window so life is definitely returning to the bog!
Morning Gill - sounds like the wildlife is almost in your house - wonderful!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2008, 07:34 AM
Morning Vicki, Morning All.

It's nice here at the moment but I think that is all meant to change later. Not a lot planned for today. Your lunch sounds lovely Vicki, what time shall I come round?!

Have a great day everyone!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-04-2008, 07:41 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all we are off out with Ollie in a bit and the weather is nice so far not sure its meant to last, nice if it did.
Later we are off to Rochester someone who works for Gorden had a baby last year and it is now her 1st Birthday and we have been invited to her tea party.
Hope there is lots of jelly and ice cream.
Have a good day all. at todays gem.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2008, 07:45 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all. Pouring with rain here this morning but not windy so at least the fair weather walkers won't be in our way. Glad you enjoyed your evening out Vicki. Haven't been up long, think last week is catching up with us. No idea what's for dinner today. Will have to think about that one!
Have a lovely Sunday everyone.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >