Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 06:23 PM

Puppys Being Sold At Dog Show Today

Today at the scot rott open show at Alva someone had came and parked up in the car park with a van I think,
now these were not people who were showing or linked to the club,
But they must have known that it was a rottie show today so had parked up and decided to try to sell there puppys out of the back of the van,

when it became apparent they were quickly moved on,

the cheek of them,

Where it up to me, I would have called the police in to deal with them, as far as im aware,, its against the law in scotland to sell a puppy in a public place,

the mind boggles at what some people will do,, clearly pet/BYB/ or whatever, thinking they had nothing better to do than flogg pups out of a van,,

what did they think would happen
poss the top breeders in scotland with numerous bob's at crufts would be intrested in snapping up there bargin buy unreg pups,, from parents that have not had hip/elbow tests, the worlds gone mad, I just hope these pups are sold on to decent people and not junk yards,
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 06:28 PM
I hate hearing this as they all to often land in the wrong hands
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 06:35 PM
We went to a car boot last year where an elderly man was selling JRTS from his boot too It was sweltering heat, these poor pups in a box and he was shouting about them, like he had a fruit stall !!

He was reported and the car boot security staff held him until the authorities came along and dealt with him !!

Bloody idiots !!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Poor pups, that's so sad Shona, glad I wasn't there I might have bought them all.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 07:59 PM
That's disgusting. Pity they weren't dealt with properly rather than just moved on!
Becky
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Unfortunately we only got told about it after they had gone and fortunately for those who were selling them Shona and I didn't get to have a wee word with them about it, xxxxxxxx
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-03-2008, 08:08 PM
A friend of mine required one of her JR`s at a horse show, the breeder was walking round with "Charlie" and my friend saw and bought him, the breeder said if you dont like this one, I have another litter in the car....she sold two litter of pups that night.

By the way , thay dont all end up in the wrong hands.... Charlie has the life of Riley

But it goes to show, you will always get bad breeders, one`s who the law mean nothing....as we are seeing with the docking ban.... how may docked pups are around, we had one on here last week.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
A friend of mine required one of her JR`s at a horse show, the breeder was walking round with "Charlie" and my friend saw and bought him, the breeder said if you dont like this one, I have another litter in the car....she sold two litter of pups that night.

By the way , thay dont all end up in the wrong hands.... Charlie has the life of Riley

But it goes to show, you will always get bad breeders, one`s who the law mean nothing....as we are seeing with the docking ban.... how may docked pups are around, we had one on here last week.
These weren't docked,I don't think they would have got out of the car park if they were,xxxxxx
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
These weren't docked,I don't think they would have got out of the car park if they were,xxxxxx
Yes, I understand that, they would have been lynched

My point was, sadly you are always going to get these sort of people, people who flout the law, docking, selling pups from the back of cars.

And you will always get people buying these pups too.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 08:48 PM
That's shocking, Shona. Those poor pups, I hope, as you say, that they go to decent folk. Probably not though if they were bought on a whim out the back of a van.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >