Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2005, 09:09 AM

Racism in Schools

Let me tell you all what happened at my son's school the other day and the even typing this I'm getting really angry!

He came home from school very upset and told me he nearly got expelled for being a racist. He has just turned 14.

At lunch time he was going back to school after visiting the chip shop. He was hit on the head with a piece of chocolate. When he turned round it had been thrown by 4 Packistani boys, he through a bottle of juice at them in return which exploded and covered them in juice. Latter on he was called into the heads room to talk about his racial attack on the boys!!!!
My son being the way he is explained what had happened and said that infact racisam works both ways. The headmaster was not impressed with that comment. Things got a bit heated and my son explained that he had a brother of mixed blood. (my ex husband was black). It was only then that the headmaster began to actually listen to what he had to say. It ended up that my son walked out of school. He came home and it all unfolded.
I went to the school with my hubby the next day to see the headmaster and his explenation to me was he has to take all reports of racisam to be true until dissproved!!!!
I think there is something wrong there what do you think?
I have been living with it for the last 20 years, ever since I returned from Canada with my oldest son and yes it does work both ways.
I think it's an aufull sign of the times when school children have tp proove there not!!!!!!!!!
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2005, 09:30 AM
Thats ridulous jacquie, he was only protecting himself..The headmaster obviously did not to listen to your sons explanation...
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2005, 09:37 AM
it is terrible how your son was treated
so is anything gonna be done to the other boys who started it?

i remember a few years ago when my eldest was in school,a boy asked her out,she said no,then he said she was rascist (he was black)
next i had a letter home saying her name was being put in the rascist book at school
she tried telling them it wasn,t cos of his colour it was simply that she didn,t fancy him,grrrr things like this make me sooo mad,as we are suffering rascism at the moment cos of how we speak

am people got better things to do
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2005, 10:10 AM
Nothing is going to be done about the boys that started it as quote "he doesn't want it blown out of proportion" he thinks it should be left alone now.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-03-2005, 10:11 AM
my oldest goes to a school in Glasgow known as "The International School of Glasgow" There are 49 languages spoken so racism is taken very seriously and works both ways. Most of the times fights have nothing to do with colour just kids being kids.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2005, 10:12 AM
well i,m sorry i think that is terrible
they were quick enough to accuse your son but not the others
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2005, 10:16 AM
I think it was really unfare. What really annoyed me was the fact that he felt he had to justify himself by bringing his brothers colour into it.
The headmaster was so quick to decide the blame was on him. At the meeting he said the boys concerned didn't bother anyone and went around talking in there own language! Then admited there was one in the group that could have been responcible.
I think my son deserves an appoligy. I dont think he will get one some how.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2005, 10:18 AM
i would write to the board of govners and demand one jacquie
if it goe,s to them it can,t be ignored

your poor son
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2005, 10:19 AM
but if I do that then it could put the heads back up. Lets be honest he may have it in for him if I do that.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2005, 10:22 AM
yes you are right there as i have the same problem with my sons bullying at the school he is at now

if no more happens maybe forget it for your sons sake
but still makes you mad don,t it
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »