View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Oh how sad... Run free lil pup, there really are some heartless ppl out there, it makes me sick
DanishPastry
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
The breeder is in the wrong for not offering help, money back or a replacement puppy. And your friends are very much in the wrong for not researching the new puppy - How could they possibly not have learned from losing the first puppy?!?! Madness...
I thought so too. To have this happen and then just go buy the first puppy out there, hope this one turns out to be healthy.
Vawny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-10-2007, 07:42 PM
I hope they have more luck with the new puppy, but I agree with the things that have been said. xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-10-2007, 09:46 AM
I am sorry to hear about the puppy but I am amazed someone would buy such an expensive puppy and not have it covered by insurance, the first year of a dogs life is the most hazardous ...

Replacing a puppy is not always an option for a good breeder because they breed very few litters and it could mean a long wait for another puppy.

Many reputable breeders sell puppies with insurance, Millie came with 6 weeks worth from Petplan which covered among other things death from illness, this was activated before I left the breeders house . I arranged alternative cover from the the day this insurance expired making sure it covered for the death of the dog as well as illness. . I would advise your friend to insure the new puppy.

Added ) KC registration carries 6 weeks free insurance,'The Kennel Club Healthcare Plan' which I think covers the death of a puppy as well as illness. I did not activate mine because I had made alternative long term arrangements.
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Oh thats terrible poor pup and poor people too ,sorry no idea what can be done but there should be something surly by the way that a very handsome staffie in you avator .
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2