Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kristian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-10-2007, 04:42 PM

omg 2 month old pup passed away!

One of my girlfriends friends has been waiting on a list of supposedly reputable breeders for a french bulldogs for a good few months. Anyway they finally got the dog 2 months ago and it has just passed away something to do with it's spine being deformed? they paid £1500 and the kennel club have offered to pay it's vets fee's they've phoned the breeder and basically the breeder doesn't want to know! is there anything else they can do? they've already been out and bought another but without really looking into it's backround and now after having the papers back they realise that the new pup is a relation to the father of the old pup (nephew i think) i'm not sure if they've been health tested will find out but surely a breeder (kc breeder)can't get away with this? money making scumbags!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2007, 04:45 PM
How tragic for the poor pup. The only way forward is through the courts really. It falls under the sale of goods act and clearly the puppy wasn't of 'merchantable quality' and not 'suitable for the purpose for which it was intended'. If they want to take it further then that is all they can do now.
Becky
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Thats so sad, lets hope this new pup isn't related.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2007, 05:01 PM
What area is the breeder in?
Sounds similar to something else I heard...
matthew&claire
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-10-2007, 05:07 PM
we had 6 month old boxer pup die on us last year.heart breaking.get the breeder checked out.theres a lot of nasty people breeding dogs for money not caring what dogs they breed with.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2007, 05:14 PM
OMG how awful My symapthy goes to your friend.

I would be worried that this new pup is related as it may have the same condition.

I am saddened to hear the breeder didn't want to know, how awful I love Frenchies, they are such gorgeous little dogs, if ever I get one I'll be asking which breeder to avoid!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Sorry to hear about the pup, it's terrible.

I would be putting in a formal complaint to the KC and also Trading Standards who may be able to advise you. Also go to ther local Council and ask about their breeding licence.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2007, 07:04 PM
That is so tragic , cant really offer any advice as theyre has been a lot of great advice already given xxdk
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2007, 08:18 PM
What was the problem with the spine?

It sounds like it might be similar to what my Delilah has, hemi-vertebrae, which Frenchies suffer from too. Though the dog wouldnt just die it would be paralyzed and have to be put to sleep.... So might be something different!

The breeder is in the wrong for not offering help, money back or a replacement puppy. And your friends are very much in the wrong for not researching the new puppy - How could they possibly not have learned from losing the first puppy?!?! Madness...

No advice really as our breeder was fantastic when we found out about Delilah, and has continued to be so helpful. But i'd be interested to know what the problem was.
noubi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-10-2007, 08:44 AM
If the pup was kc registered and it came from a 'breeder' then you absolutely have a case against them, do you still have a copy of the advert used to sell the puppies if so keep it or try to get it.
Trading standards will help but you really need to do something about it or they are likely to do it again so somebody else will have to go through the same as your friend has.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >