register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-01-2016, 04:37 PM
I've had Indesits for years. I've always wanted an LG, and when my last washer expired 4 years ago nearly I got a recon LG from eBay, and its still hanging on in there, was just under £200, so done well. Will get an Indesit again though as their programmes contain a spin, which this LG hasn't got, neither does it seem to have a rinse cycle I can find either, if I had paid the price of a new one I would not have been happy with that. It does have a temperature control thank goodness
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-01-2016, 05:02 PM
Think LG and TW have worse weather than I do up here and Lynn if you got the tail end of the storm. I don't bother about these storms they now name to me it's just normal winter weather. I wonder if we'll get a summer this year.

Earlier on the rain stopped and the sun came out so had a non raining walk. Some of the paths in the park were pouring with water coming of the grass. Nosiness got the better of me and I checked the basement which is dry but stinks. Wonder if my house stinks and I'm so used to it I don't smell it anymore?

To heck with goldfish LG I was thinking of putting matresses down there and charging illegals £300 a month each. Reckon I could fit 15-20 matresses and be well off

I'm sure Sammy peed on the carpet this morning, hid behind the curtains and did it, sneaky little devil hahahaha

ah look TW always wanted an LG and now she's got him on the forum
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2016, 05:09 PM
we have an indesit tumble drier...got it after everyone on here said it was good, just waiting on an engineer to get in touch as they apparently catch fire Lol...had to enter numbers into a website, first time they said it was o.k, next time they sent a letter and did the same again and it said they will send an engineer and it will take an hour for the repair...god knows where i am going to put him...the drier lives in the back porch on top of the washer
1 cutedog, i think you should get a sealion Lol....as for Sammy peeing, i am sure you know but clan the area with biological washing solution or spray with white vinegar to kill the odour so he isn't tempted to pee on it again...or at least discouraged
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-01-2016, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
just come off the phone to big bro. He is not a happy bunny in the first time in over 10 years of living in the bungalow he has a mole.
We were plagued with them in Czechland, I asked my brother what to do as he was once employed as a part time mole catcher, it ain't easy, there are traps but you need lots and they have to go down all the tunnels. Some people flatten the mounds of earth and poke a pipe from the car exhaust down one of the tunnels, whatever you do the chances are they will survive and if they've taken a fancy to your brothers lawn they'll likely be there for some time.

Sorry to be so negative but we never got rid of them in CZ.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2016, 05:49 PM
We were taught to take the top off the mound and then place broken glass down the hole and cover over as if a mole cuts its nose on broken glass he will die. Horrible but that is how it was cured when I was a child.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2016, 05:51 PM
Griff I'm glad its not me. LG it is a good way to lose weight. bet it doesn't last. June and Moyra hope you are dry now and of course others. Doubt I will be back this evening. Emmerdale, Corrie and Midsomer. So have a great evening peeps.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2016, 05:53 PM
can't you get ultrasonic spike things for moles...you poke them into the ground
http://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Defenders...nfo/SONICMOLE/
No idea what they are like as we don't have any moles in our garden
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2016, 05:58 PM
Night Brenda, Yes Griff, I think you can get ultrasonic spikes which I would imagine to be a lot kinder than our old fashioned way. I am also away now, glass of milk and then an early bed I think, Night all. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-01-2016, 06:24 PM
He is not happy he has brought a trap but can not do anything with it till he can get out in the garden to put it in the hole.
One of the chaps up the road has spikes I am sure they are for moles he has a lovely lawn must ask when I see him again. Might be useful to us too we get them in our garden.
Wardrobe dismantled took about 20 mins. Will see about getting it down the stairs and out with the rest of the tip pile tomorrow.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-01-2016, 06:31 PM
Here's a negativity special! Once you've got moles - you're stuck with them. The only way is to get together with your neighbours and employ a reputable and licensed mole catcher (not some clown who just thinks they can catch them) even then if you are in a heavily moled area they'll be back.
Alternatively - wait till they start pushing soil up in the late afternoon and then sneak up on them and by the simple use of a 12 bore - blow their blerdy heads off! Apparently if you get a revolving chair set up in the middle of the lawn and sellotape a torch to the underside of your shotguns barrels you can go slowly round in circles in the dark and using the torch light up the hills until you see the old moley pushing up - then "Kerboom" and moley is no more.
Hope this helps - but somehow I doubt it!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >