Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-01-2016, 05:22 PM

Griffs big idea !

Some time ago we were discussing our 'neighbour from hell' and how he had threatened me with 'criminal damage' when I put up some additional fencing (At my expense even 'tho he is named on the deeds as being responsible for the fence on this side)

Well the first attempt we put some 1.2Mt 'stock fencing' in and for 7 months dear old Casey didn't cotton on that he could get over it. But a week ago there was dog next door who he really wanted to greet and so he managed to get over. Once he had worked out how to do it he was over s few more times

As a tempory solution I put some pallets up:-

He managed to find the gap and got out so put another layer of 'stock fencing' in to bring the height up to 1.6 Mts. :-

And then finally to make sure we can't see neanderthall man next door, and as an additional deterrant to our 'escape artist' we added some 1.8 MTs high split bamboo screening which was suggested to me by Griff and I must say it does a good job, I'm so pleased with her suggestion :-

Sorry the [icture quality is not good but I hope you can get some idea of the finished fence / screen. Nor sure how long the split bamboo cane screen will last but if needs be can always get some more, it was only £18 per roll. Have used 5 rolls well worth it and once again thank you Griff you're a star
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-01-2016, 05:26 PM
Looks good Harvey we have some of that between us and Paul and /beth and that stopped dillon ploughing through.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-01-2016, 05:46 PM
It does look better than pallets, definitely Harvey Could you grow something thorny against it just to make it even more impenetrable
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-01-2016, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
that stopped dillon ploughing through.
Well that's nice to know, I would imagine it would be hard to know who is the stronger Dillon or Casey

It seems that if they don't 'see' through then the urge to 'get' through is less, will keep you posted as they say
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-01-2016, 05:49 PM
Good work Harvey and as I said the other night - it has the added bonus of you not having to view the PITA who lives nextdoor! lol !
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2016, 05:53 PM
Good job done Harvey, that should stop him for a while!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-01-2016, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
It does look better than pallets, definitely Harvey Could you grow something thorny against it just to make it even more impenetrable
It's an idea but by the time it's grown the neanderthall man may be gone - I am thinking of some fast growing Leylandi trees which when up to about 15 metres would cut out all th elight to his house
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-01-2016, 05:55 PM
Ooh you ARE norty
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-01-2016, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Good work Harvey and as I said the other night - it has the added bonus of you not having to view the PITA who lives nextdoor! lol !
I really don't want to see him, speak with him, and Casey doesn't want to smell him either

Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good job done Harvey, that should stop him for a while!
Hope so Moyra
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2016, 06:39 PM
ooooooooooooo well done Harvey...fab job!!!! i haven't replaced mine yet but i did add a layer of brushwood screen to the front of it...keep your eye on wilko.co.uk at the end of the summer season as they reduce the screening
Haahaha, i don't like mine (neighbour) either and it nearly bankrupted me but it was sooooo worth doing it.
Totally agree that the visual deterrent can be a great weapon Lol...i just need to come up with the idea that is going to make me a fortune..lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >