View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 08:08 PM
I think either are fab dogs, we had a Jrt when we were kids and she was lovely, we rescued an older one a few months back but it didn't work out as she bit the kids, but i don't think that was the the dogs fault especially, just cause she was old and wanted a bit of peace, which she didn't get, we have had a greyhound who was a fab dog, one of the best, and we now have a lurcher who is 4 months old and is a darling, a pain in the bum, but a darling.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Hello Crystal firstly welcome to Dogweb , why not come and say hello to everyone here...

remember each dog in a breed is is slightly different from another, also how your dog is brought up from the time it is born greatly shapes its personality
JR Lady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Hello Crystal...

It should perhaps be remembered that both breeds of dog come from working backgrounds and both will need plenty of stimulation and exercise...Both breeds usually get on well with other dogs and with people....

I have owned both breed of dogs you are considering and I do not think that you can stereo type either..Much depends on their parentage and the environment they come from...Much depends on their owners, how they are treated and what is expected of them...It cannot be said that all lurchers are laid back or that all Jacks are stubborn and aggressive.

The Jack Russells I have owned have all been very loving, very busy and full of character...

Lurchers and Jack Russells usually live happily together should you decide to get one of each!

Hope you let us know what you and your partner decide...

Best Wishes...JR Lady
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2