View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-02-2012, 09:09 PM
In 2011 there were 9893 GSD puppies registered with the Kennel Club and probably just as many, if not more, born from unregistered litters, therefore 1st class homes are hard to come by and you dont want to be in a position where you are keeping 3-4 twelve week old pups. Just look on the GSD rescue part of this forum, the stories of these dogs are heartbreaking and no-one wants to add to these numbers.

As others have said it sounds like your bitch does NOT want to be mated and probably shouldn't be for the reasons you have listed so why not contact some well known reputable breeders for a chat, get on their puppy list and in time get yourself a quality bitch to breed from with help from the breeder who will become your mentor. The GSD is a wonderful breed and they deserve to have owners who do things properly always with the dogs welfare coming first.
pytels11
New Member!
Female 

27-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Im sorry all of you disagree but she isnt "an aggressive dog" she is the sweetest dog you will find. it is not her fault she doesnt like the other dogs its got to be ours we should have socialized her more i suppose but her temperment wouldnt be passed along because she doesnt have a bad temper...the breeder we got her from was a well respected breeder and we went through the family history thoughourly. we have bred pups before i have no problem finding good homes for them.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Have you had her blood tested to may sure she is ovulating ?
pytels11
New Member!
Female 

27-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Have you had her blood tested to may sure she is ovulating ?
no but she regularly has periods.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2012, 11:00 PM
That is irrelevant....................
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2012, 11:56 PM
What health tests have you had done on her and hip scoring?
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2012, 01:05 PM
As SB says that is irrelevant. Within that cycle not all dogs are the same.
If you don't know something as basic as that how are you going to cope if something goes wrong.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Im sorry all of you disagree but she isnt "an aggressive dog" she is the sweetest dog you will find. it is not her fault she doesnt like the other dogs its got to be ours we should have socialized her more i suppose but her temperment wouldnt be passed along because she doesnt have a bad temper...the breeder we got her from was a well respected breeder and we went through the family history thoughourly. we have bred pups before i have no problem finding good homes for them.

She doesn't like other dogs and yet you want her to have a litter which she could end up killing?
pytels11
New Member!
Female 

07-03-2012, 03:34 PM
jesus people she would NOT KILL HER PUPPIES she isnt agressive with all dogs like that, please just keep your opinions of her aggressiveness to yourself because i know my dog i will be the one to worry about if she can handle having puppies and if i will find good homes for them like i know you all enjoy pointing out things i didnt even ask for but this is ridiculous. if you cant answer my question then please dont commment.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Like I said I would suggest you have her tested because a bitch will be aggressive to the dog if she is not ready.

Some ovulate early and some late within what is a normal cycle.

Your vet will be able to test or there is a place you can send off to but your vet will need to draw blood.

She could be ovulating anytime between 8 and 21 days.

I know someone who had an accidental litter because she thought her bitch was infertile as she had tried to mate her several times. She caught her tied with bher dog when the season was on the 21st day and she had a litter of 7.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >