Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 11:19 AM

Walk in the woods...

Rather eventful!.. Selkie forgot she was 14 and seemed to think she was 4.. She decided to run off into the woods and headed straight for her old favourite swimming hole.. Dog on a mission!

With her arthritis and hips!... Well the inevitable happened... She got stuck!

The dramatic rescue ensued!
Selkie the little minx was no help at all and was very pleased with herself indeed!

We did decide to continue the walk despite it's dramatic beginning and much fun was had by all.. Selkie had to have a bath on her return though and is now having extra pain tablets and a full week off walks to recover! Silly Selkie
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Awww bless, poor Selkie - she's only as old as she feels.

Glad you had a nice walk.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Well if the whining and crying all night was anything to go by, she's 102!... Poor thing, the aches really set in about 3am.. I gave her another rymadyl and she settled back down, but she's a stiff old lady today.. She looks ever minute of her 14 years!.. Mind you at the moment she's curled up on her bed looking like a sleeping angel She'll never learn
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 11:40 AM
My dog Patches used to do this. She'd start feelin' her oats and dive in the ponds... but the vet said that swimming was good for her joints, so I let her... but I had to rescue her a few times as she dove in where it was deep, then I got wet Silly old dogs!

Selkie's adorable... I LOVE old dogs! (they're the reward for getting through puppyhood!) Hope her pain eases though!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Maybe it was spring, filled her full of beans!.. She's still sleeping
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Fab pics

Loved the first one of Kismet. Those eyes are full of northern cheek

Selkie sounds like my first lad (boy in my avatar). When he was 14 I decided I could drop the 90ft tracking lead while we wandered the fields. He bolted, ran like the wind, ignored his recall and proved once again that even at 14, the northerns are not for the faint hearted

I'm glad Selkie had a lovely time. Hope she settles down and doesn't feel too sore today. Give her a big hug from me please. She is a beautiful lass

Take good care.

Seoniad.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Aww Bless 'em Lovely pictures Selkie's looking good for her age........Thanks for sharing x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Poor old Selkie hope those old mucles get better soon Tell her to try not to go diving in the water, it's not good for such a grand old lady.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 09:10 PM
fabulous piccies, Selkie is so gorgeous xxx

gentle squeezes from us to selkie
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 07:13 PM
She's feeling much better today, but still didn't take her on the walk. She needs a bit more rest! she's looking beautiful after her bath though
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >