View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2010, 11:54 AM

Diesel and the Great British Greyhound Walk.

Well it was the first one today, and overall there was 23 dogs there, and God knows how many people

Diesel did fool a lot of people with his looks though, at the begining of the walk the leader said that there was one Lurcher there, and it wasn't Diesel she meant, and walking around people said that he was quite small for a male, no-one that spoke to me realised he was a Lurcher, and more then a few were shocked to hear it, but Diesel didn't mind, I mean people mistaking him for such a elegant breed, theres worse things that can happen

Diesel did shock me at first being nervous, but then when we got there we were the last but one to bring a dog, and he never had Honey there, but after a couple of mins he was getting excited at seeing them all there and making friends, him and the other Lurcher got on very well together aswell.

The weather was also great, and we had the trees to shade us, although it was mostly uphill, that can be forgiven for such a great day out, anyway here are some pics from the day, hope you enjoy.

The backpack looks a bit far back, but other times that he's worn it we've discovered that when he walks it moves about more when its further foward, whereas when its there it doesn't, you can also see a dog who he seemed to love in this one, a Lurcher called Gus (God I hope I remembered that right)

Here he is,

The imposter,

Taking advantage of the break,

Stunning Grey,

Diesel was very tired after all of this (he does have a harness on and is clipped into a point in the boot of the car for safety),
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Aww Bless him Lovely pictures Looks like you all had a lovely day......Thanks for sharing x
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2010, 05:24 PM
lovely pics, looks like a fun day.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Aw so lovely. I wanted to go but all a bit too far away from us ;-(
Fab piccies...I like the second pic where the dog on the right looks like he is in mid bark lol!!!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Looks like a fab day out and some very lovely looking dogs featured there!

Thanks for sharing!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Aww Bless him Lovely pictures Looks like you all had a lovely day......Thanks for sharing x
Thank you.

Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
lovely pics, looks like a fun day.
Thanks it was a great day.

Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Aw so lovely. I wanted to go but all a bit too far away from us ;-(
Fab piccies...I like the second pic where the dog on the right looks like he is in mid bark lol!!!
Thats a shame, Noah and Blue would of loved it they smashed their 1000 dog target too. And lol that boy was in mid bark, he liked his voice

Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Looks like a fab day out and some very lovely looking dogs featured there!

Thanks for sharing!
Thank you, it was amazing, hopefully there will be more organised there too so we can go again
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2010, 08:23 PM
looks like a wonderful day i'm hoping axel is fit enough one day to go on one!
he looks right at home with all the greys