Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-09-2009, 12:41 AM

Bear v Cat....... behavior example

This cropped up (for silly reasons) on another forum and got me thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr0o8...layer_embedded

Regardless of the forum the whole debate was about which animal (bear or cat) would be the winner - the question (daft I know) was who is the toughest ?

The general view was that the cat was the toughest but what I saw reminded me of my dogs so I disagreed.

I think the bear is obviously hurt by the cat but in all honesty can't really be bothered by the confrontation.

Breagh does this to Skye - she lashes out and makes her point but I feel the victory is more down to Skye's surrender rather than his ability to beat her.

Strange post I know but it got me wondering if anybody else had dogs/ cats that display similar characteristics ?
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2009, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
This cropped up (for silly reasons) on another forum and got me thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr0o8...layer_embedded

Regardless of the forum the whole debate was about which animal (bear or cat) would be the winner - the question (daft I know) was who is the toughest ?

The general view was that the cat was the toughest but what I saw reminded me of my dogs so I disagreed.

I think the bear is obviously hurt by the cat but in all honesty can't really be bothered by the confrontation.

Breagh does this to Skye - she lashes out and makes her point but I feel the victory is more down to Skye's surrender rather than his ability to beat her.

Strange post I know but it got me wondering if anybody else had dogs/ cats that display similar characteristics ?
On that clip, I think its more a mothers instinct to protect her cub, and the bear just being inquistive, I think if the bear really wanted to hurt the cougar then it would have done so.

I see this a lot with my dogs. Aura is nosey and likes to know everything thats going off. When Aura sticks her nose into Meeka's business when she's playing with a toy, Meeka will lash out with her little paw slapping Aura on her Jowells, If Aura doesn't get the message first time round, Meeka will growl and go to bite her jowells, Sometimes she actually makes contact with Aura's jowell's.
Now if Aura wanted to she could easily harm Meeka (Aura weighs approx 26 Kg's - Meeka weighs at the most 2 kg's! )
But she doesn't, she doesnt even growl back, she just sort of shakes her head, looks at me, and goes to find something else to stick her nosey nose into

Obviously with the size difference of my dogs, they only ever play together when supervised by us.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2009, 07:01 AM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
On that clip, I think its more a mothers instinct to protect her cub, and the bear just being inquistive, I think if the bear really wanted to hurt the cougar then it would have done so.
Yep, that's what I thought and just to expand a bit, i think its because the couger has something worth fighting for, the bear doesn't. I'd be surprised if any animal would risk serious confrontation over nothing.

Hoki can boss Tip about as much as she wants - he just backs off and goes to find something else to do.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2009, 10:34 AM
i clicked onto this thread expecting to see a bear up against a moggy!...