View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Didn't see it. Lots of sled dog kennels use Alaskan Huskies which are crossbreeds. They usually have Husky and German Pointer in them and are bred for speed and endurance. They don't generally use Sibes these days if they are racing them.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2008, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=wishbone;1479357]Found it on i player!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00dhv1n/b00dhtx0/

I didn't see it but I heard about it from one of my old ladies who said how lovely it was, but how come JL had full make-up on the whole time and when she stayed in the ice hotel where do you go to the loo!
They are nothing if not practical my oldies!

JL didn't have makeup on when she went to bed in the ice hotel, they showed her without her makeup.Good point about the loo though !
I wouldn't mind a drink in the vodka bar at the ice hotel, but I wouldn't fancy sleeping there !
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Great programme. JL was my next door neighbour but 2 in London....she is as nice as the prog makes out...always bought organic meat for my girl (JL is vegan) and fed the urban foxes and hedgehogs on premium kibble!

Mary
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 12:25 PM
I knew she must be as nice as she seems on the tv coz of how moved she was when she saw the lights, bless her, she ought to join Dogsey hey!!!
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Nice to watch a quality programme now and again.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-09-2008, 02:25 PM
I though this was an enchanting program
The dogs were 'Alaskan Huskies' (I understand not a breed but a type of dog ).

Off Topic[I have seen something which looks like a very pale version of the northern lights in England, always in the winter when it is very cold. I can understand JL fascination with them, seeing them in their full glory must be a truly magical experience ...

I have just looked it up and I didn't imagine seeing them , one night I was on Dogsey and went to take Amy out/post a letter and saw them,I rushed on line to tell everyone to look but by that time they were gone..]

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:W...lnk&cd=1&gl=uk
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by MaryS View Post
Great programme. JL was my next door neighbour but 2 in London....she is as nice as the prog makes out...always bought organic meat for my girl (JL is vegan) and fed the urban foxes and hedgehogs on premium kibble!

Mary
That is great xxxxxxxx
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by MaryS View Post

Mary
Thats lovely, I thought she would be as nice as she appears on television,I admire her being a vegan, I'm a vegetarian, but its hard being a vegan.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2