Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Munsti-Sue
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2007, 02:24 PM

Agility and Obedience

Our obedience club have an agility class the hour before the obedience training, so this weekend I thought should have ago at the agility.
There were only about 6 people for the class - 2 collies, a lab, a flattie and a terrier x...all of different abilities.To begin with she was onlead, but with the excitement was to focused on killing the lead that jumping the jumps...so off the lead came She did everything she was asked, didnt run off the course to see the other dogs, ignored the trainer...was a good session and will continue at it

After a drink of water and a loo break for Bodie she had our regular obedience. Last week we didnt attend as I have to work 1 in 4 weekends and they apparently had changed the format of doing the stage tests. And unbeknown to us in class one they were testing us while we worked in class Test involves heelwork on and offlead with left and right turns/about turns, novice recall with present and finish offlead, 1 min sit stay and 2 min down stay offlead. Well somehow we managed to pass so we move into class 2 next week

Am pleased....yet shocked as never dreamt of doing the stage test yet! We only moved into class 1 in november

On a good note it proves the breed is happy enough to do something other that what it was bred for...which is needed if the breed is to survive in the uk imo
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Hooray well done
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2007, 02:35 PM
You have done very well, not sure my lot would be that good lol! How many Small Munsters are there in the UK then?
Becky
Munsti-Sue
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks There are only about 28 dogs....all realated. So no ability to breed here in the uk. I think there are plans to import, but with any future pups priority will be given to shooting/falconary homes. To date 6 of the 28 dogs have been rehomed.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Oh Dear not good statistics.
Becky
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Sounds like you had a really good time. It shows how versatile our dogs really are. Well done too for passing your test .
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Well done Sue with the agility and the test!!!

Max and I are having just as much fun in our agility - again if a setter can do it so can any breed