View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 08:17 PM

Do you ever worry about your dog being stolen?

I have never had a KC reg dog before Ishka. People are always staring at her when we are out. I know dog theft is rampent at the moment, Ruby the Bull Terrier was stolen just up the road from me. Also my friends dog was stolen a while back, some asked to stroke her and bent down, unclipped the lead and legged it. She couldnt catch him I dont live in the worst area of Liverpool but I dont lie in the best either. I try not to walk my dogs local. I think I will worry less when she's bigger and cant so easily be carried. Does anyone else worry or am I over thinking it.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 08:25 PM
We've heard of a few SBT's stolen from gardens around here.
Mine are fairly safe TBH as they don't go to people outside....other than Tess but thats being worked on and if someone came in the garden Bruce would be patroling
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 08:27 PM
If someone jumped my fence Im pretty sure nothing would happen since next door stuck their arms through and the dogs loved it
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
If someone jumped my fence Im pretty sure nothing would happen since next door stuck their arms through and the dogs loved it
Fortunately we are lucky in that respect Bruce knows that anyone coming through the door is fine, any other way is not.
We had a police chase here one night the guy ran the railway track and through the gardens, he tried climbing over onto out shed roof, but quickly got caught when Bruce took the 6ft fence and he fell back Bruce was most ruffled that anyone dare come in that way
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 08:36 PM
I did have someone try to steal my previous dog (Cairn terrier) when I first lived in Norwich about 25 years ago and that makes you wary.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 08:38 PM
I just think a small bitch puppy to a scum bag would be a big temptation. Still 10kg and growing like crazy...she will be heavy soon enough
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 08:44 PM
I am wary and on the look out while out walking, yes

You have to be in this day and age, I think
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 08:58 PM
I do worry a little as although Gel is a neutered mutt he is a striking looking dog who attracts some attention from 'undesirables', and he is the sort who would walk off with anyone, so I am very careful.
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 09:07 PM
I don't really worry about it thankfully its not a problem i'm aware of round here and Ted's a neutered mongrel so i can't imagine he would hold much appeal. Even if someone did want to steal him he's not the sort to walk off with anyone and i would love to see someone pick him up and run off!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by emma47 View Post
I don't really worry about it thankfully its not a problem i'm aware of round here and Ted's a neutered mongrel so i can't imagine he would hold much appeal. Even if someone did want to steal him he's not the sort to walk off with anyone and i would love to see someone pick him up and run off!
well how dare you...............
I think Ted is a little big to pick up too
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »