Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Maybe you should get Time Team in?
Just what I was thinking I am scared to dig in my garden - but the house is pretty new so I would just find builders rubble
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 11:05 AM
An old ordenance survey map might be useful!!!

xx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
the rottis are just making their own 'time capsule' for the people who come after Would love to see the people's faces though, trying to work out what had gone on.

Mind you with old bones, pants and ropes buried, you might find they call in the police
In our old house, we did call in the police when we found some old bones when I dug that garden over!
Those bones had to go to the forensic lab for testing and we had the police tape round our garden until the results came back.
Turned out to be the hip bone of an ox!
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-01-2010, 01:34 PM
When we moved into our house nearly 11 years ago, the back garden was totally paved and we wanted a lawn. We pulled all the paving slabs up and started taking up the hardcore underneath ready to put top soil down for the lawn and found a concrete slab abut 6 foot long, 4 foot wide and about 5 inches deep. Not sure what it was for but we decided to leave it where it was and just smash it into pieces so any water could drain through it. Our estate was built on the site of an old school so it could have been left there when it was demolished in the mid 70's. Whenver we have a dry few weeks in the summer, the outline of the slab can be seen when the soil over it and under the grass on top dries out.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2010, 01:46 PM
I love it when you move somewhere new and start too change the garden all the different things you find.

Here there isn't much to find, but in one of our previous houses we found an old low wall and something that looked like a grave stone the road was called Costead Manor and there had been a manor house many years before so we often wondered if it had been a private graveyard.

We left them a nice herb garden but underneath was all the old rubbish we couldn't get rid of.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Glad I'm not the only one who finds stuff! I was beginning to wonder were we jinxed?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2