View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Another thing that gets on my wick, going shopping in the big Tescos , loads of students shop there because its near part of the Uni, but they are so loud, they all seem to have hooray Henry voices and they are so tall, girls and boys, they must all sleep in grow bags! they all seem very full of themselves and just block the aisles talking in their irratating voices and not moving out of the way when all I want to do is get my shopping and get home in the fastest time possible, it really puts me off going to that particlar Tescos.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
Another thing that gets on my wick, going shopping in the big Tescos , loads of students shop there because its near part of the Uni, but they are so loud, they all seem to have hooray Henry voices and they are so tall, girls and boys, they must all sleep in grow bags! they all seem very full of themselves and just block the aisles talking in their irratating voices and not moving out of the way when all I want to do is get my shopping and get home in the fastest time possible, it really puts me off going to that particlar Tescos.
The one where they end each sentence going up in tone like it's a question then????!!!! I know exactly what you mean with that one!!!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
oops! No offence intended.
I`ll probably insult a lot more people now (but why stop when you`re on a roll)

hyphenated surnames
You know, like Chelsey Witherington-Bottomley. Not because this is a union of two great families but because the first husband has kicked up about changing HIS child`s name to that of hubby # 2. It just takes so long to do the register these days.
Oooh, double barreled surnames! I hate them too.

Oh god, I've just remembered a time where I was at the park with the dogs....a young girl around 4 looked like she was with her granny (mind you, these days it could well have been her maw), the woman was calling on the kid......the kid's name? Meadow! Good grief.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 06:18 PM
My friends sister has just become a Granma again and the little girls is called Summer (born in Spring ) and another friend has just had a little girl and called her Kallee

Something else that cropped up today that really gets on my wick, on the motorway, when you get a lorry overtaking another and only doing 1/4 mph faster than the other and taking forever to do it
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 06:28 PM
I have American relatives whose kids are called Summer and Brooke. But then they are American, after all.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Mothers get on my wick!! Yes i know i am one but i am not a gossippy round the school gate kinda mum who thinks their child can do no wrong ever!!
god, all they talk about is their own kids and life, moan moan moan but noone listens to each other at all.....they might as all well be talking to themselves bythemselves cos the conversation is totally pointless!

And they are really rude....does noone say please or thank you anymore? No wonder the kids dont say it when the mums cant either!

(now breathe....and relax!!!)
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
You just need to steer clear of the pot noodle aisles - that's all they eat!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I have American relatives whose kids are called Summer and Brooke. But then they are American, after all.
English ones also get a bit desperate - I`ve had to teach a Ruaridh, a Niamh (both sets of parents from Essex), a Summer, an Asia, a Ginger (who wasn`t BTW) and a Scarlett. Not a John or Betty in sight anymore.
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Haven't had such a good laugh for ages!!!!!Fortunately(or NOT) I don't have the joy! of children so have only had to give my dogs,cats,birds,names,so they don't get too embarressed by my choices. Somebody start a new thread in the same vein please.
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2009, 10:35 PM
What gets my dander up ,is when young mainly male drivers pass on the road near me blasting out that bam bam boom boom music from thier cars, with the windows down at all hours of the day and night.
Hello i don't want to hear it thank you.
Page 10 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >