Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 11:17 AM

So, ummmmmm

Lily caught a baby rabbit today Not sure how, it all happened under a bush, I heard a rustle, then a couple of squeaky screams just before Lily proudly struts out showing off her catch !! The poor rabbit did look a bit scruffy and skinny so I think it was on it's next to last legs before Lily came along

She wouldn't drop it, she recalled back to me but wouldn't let me near her head ! Anyway I didn't want to start chasing etc so I let her carry it, she then went into some undergrowth, dug a hole and buried it

Not quite sure that's the proper 'gundog' way to do things I do have a couple of piccies but didn't want to post em up
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Did you dig it up for a free meal?
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Did you dig it up for a free meal?
Thought about it but we had an episode in the garden in the week where she'd buried her bone and if I or any of the other dogs went near it, she dug it up and went and hid it somewhere else My garden is quickly resembling a putting green with all the holes in it.

It is funny though, keeps her out of worse mischief
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 12:45 PM
At least she didn't swallow it whole like mine do. I feel guilty when they get the babies.
Bella2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-05-2012, 01:24 PM
The bunnies are tormenting my young Goldie , she tries her best to catch them but with no spatial awareness she scares them off- I have even caught them in their holes with their ears up peeking over to her, they must know she doesn't stand a chance (YET) lol
Lulusmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Buffy absolutely loves chasing the rabbits on the green, she is not fast enough and has only ever caught one and that was because it was ill. As she grabbed it, it screamed and she was so shocked she dropped it and ran away. My OH had to despatch the poor bunny.
Chasing bunnies will now become Lilys favourite pastime! Bless her.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Cassie is terrible with rabbits, show her a field and she goes into hunt mode!! The other two would be happy to chase rabbits but they havent figured out the rabbit hole bit yet
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Ah Polo collects baby rabbits. He picks them up and brings them to me. No interest in killing them!

Tara on the other hand settles down to eat them. Saves feeding her later.
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Ranger, bless his paws, hasn't managed to catch one yet He races his little heart out trying to catch the bunnies, the squirrels, the pidgeons, the......... you get the picture , but nothing
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 06:36 PM
go Lily!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >