Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
well,one of mine does,hunts and eats....someone needs to tell him he is used to a human diet...that or he is a cat
Yes I have known some dogs who hunt and eat their catch, if they have the chance.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Tass View Post
Yes I have known some dogs who hunt and eat their catch, if they have the chance.
The main reason i became interested in raw was because one of mine would routinely catch and eat small prey.

When he regurgitated a baby bird into my lap i thought he was perhaps giving me a hint!!!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 10:13 PM
lmao....sharing
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by sandymere View Post
It has been brought up, lordy did you look at the raw food myths link.
That is only one small part of that link, and I think you will find that your link mentioned wolves too, and even tried to compare wild and captive wolves!

I do not think my dog is a wolf, but I do believe he has the same digestive system as a wolf.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 10:40 PM
My dog is allergic to cereals, so including them in his diet isn't an option for me, if I wanted to or not.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
My dog is allergic to cereals, so including them in his diet isn't an option for me, if I wanted to or not.
same with Tupac...which oddly enough is the dog that catches his own
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
same with Tupac...which oddly enough is the dog that catches his own
Jake has, on occasion, caught his own too... I am positive he ate the first, he ran away into the bushes with it though so I can't be sure. He doesn't have the patience to be a good hunter though, but he certainly wants to catch and eat those small furries.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Imagine if the human population died out overnight, all the dog breeds that are able to survive on their own (I'm thinking Siberian Husky and the like) would have to catch their own prey and become wild to survive. Do people who think a dogs digestive tract has changed so much from the Wolf honestly believe that the "domestic dog" would just die out????

I honestly doubt it. I think these dogs would quite easily go back to catching wild prey (eg raw meat and bones) and more than likely "evolve" into a species like the Dingo, in a very short space of time.
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
The main reason i became interested in raw was because one of mine would routinely catch and eat small prey.

When he regurgitated a baby bird into my lap i thought he was perhaps giving me a hint!!!
One reason I personally don't use RAW is the dogs and cats I have known to regurgitate raw food, including self caught prey, and who have had problems with bones, but each to their own
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Imagine if the human population died out overnight, all the dog breeds that are able to survive on their own (I'm thinking Siberian Husky and the like) would have to catch their own prey and become wild to survive. Do people who think a dogs digestive tract has changed so much from the Wolf honestly believe that the "domestic dog" would just die out????

I honestly doubt it. I think these dogs would quite easily go back to catching wild prey (eg raw meat and bones) and more than likely "evolve" into a species like the Dingo, in a very short space of time.
But these would be the ones who could cope, and I don't think anyone is saying no dogs do well or can cope with a RAW diet, just that it is not the the best thing for every dog, (or cat) or every owner, any more than a raw food diet is ideal or preferable for every human.

You seem to be accepting yourself those who could not hunt or that could not cope with such a diet would die out by natural selection and that those who were left would evolve away from where they are now?
Page 15 of 56 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 > Last »