View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Why don't I find this story surprising? I think I've passed the point of believing humans are intelligent, I just want to have as little contact with them as possible (Dogsey members excluded of course )
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 11:22 AM
I put on another thread about a lady who returned a rescue dog because it stole some meat that she'd left out to defrost. The rescue staff explained about dogs being opportunists & that maybe she should just be a bit more careful & not to leave food things in reach.

It turned out the lady wasn't concerned about the stealing bit ~ she was concerned that as the dog had now tasted raw meat it woud have aroused it's "blood lust" & now she'd never be able to trust the dog again as it may bite or kill anything from another dog, to a rabbit or even a small child

Needless to say the rescue centre kept the dog & refused to allow the lady another dog!
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 11:26 AM
And I've also decorated around my dogs. Barney (yellow lab) has a cream dog bed & Wilma (black dog) has a dark coloured bed to stop the hairs showing so much. But do the blessed dogs stick to their own beds ~ do they hell!!!
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Strange they didnt suss out this may have been the case , my experience of rescues has been opposite ends of the spectrum , where I had Tom from , it felt like they would have given anyone any dog , in fact if I didnt have Tom he was lined up for an elderly couple the lady walked with a stick , there is no way she would have managed Tom given some of his reactive behaviour and he would have no doubt been returned, there should be more thought at that particular rescue about how they rehome , my other experience with Bella was great , a proper homecheck , made sure I understood the challenges of introducing a grey to a home environment and lots of support from great people
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-01-2011, 01:02 PM
the best (or worst) one i had in my job was i have to give up my cat as i work all day
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
the best (or worst) one i had in my job was i have to give up my cat as i work all day
Heard it all now
SAM24-7
New Member!
Female 

29-01-2011, 01:32 PM
My husband read that article in the newspaper to me today!! Hope they don't change their curtains often, idiots!
Sue (aka SAM)
Stormpants
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Totally unbelievable!!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 05:52 PM
This was the headline of an article in today's Daily Mail. apparently woman obtained a JRT from a rescue centre but later the same day called to say there was a problem with the ginger and white dog because he didn't go with her curtains Two days later she returned Harvey to the Jasmill Kennels in Lower Halstow, Nr. Sittingbourne. Apparently other dogs that have been returned was a lab who wouldn't bark and another pet that was not 'cuddly enough'.

I despair

Sorry - headline should say 'clashed with decor' but couldn't change.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Disgusting! You wouldn't think they would admit to such inane reasons for returning a dog.

I hope the Lab that doesn't bark gets a good home-there must be lots of noise-sensitive people (like me!) who would welcome this. Better than a dog who won't shut up barking I think.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >