View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 12:03 PM
complete scam I think - wouldnt touch it with a bargepole.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Thought it was a scam here too, i feel so sorry for the people that fall for it though. Its seems to be the scam of choice these days.

Did anyone else get an email before about an African guy who needed help getting some money ect. That made me laugh everytime i got it!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 12:20 PM
What got me and stood out beyond anything else was -

with Health guarantee of 12 months,

now, how can anyone vet or otherwise guarantee a puppy or dog will not take something to make it sick within a 12 months period.....
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
My Daughter emailed someone on a adds site about an American Cocker Spaniel Puppy. she received this reply......

apart from the fact you don't get to see the Puppy with the Mum and siblings
does this stink of Puppy farm to any one it does me
No, it stinks of scam big time to me and I only got 1/3rd of the way into it when I smelt that!
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 01:03 PM
I feel sorry for people that actually fall for this type of thing,
but then I don't because, it's really obvious something isn't right.
The person that sent the email with a questionnaire is going to get a questionnaire from me before I give them any details too
so c'mon guy's what questions shall I put in my questionnaire to this low life scammer
cornishmals
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-06-2010, 02:03 PM
I have recently done a home check for a family wanting to rehome an Alaskan Malamute,they sent a deposit of I belive a couple of hundred pounds to an address in Glasgow.A wek later they asked for £700 FOR INSURANCE AND FEES.
By this time they realised it was a scam and reported it to the cosumer watchdog and police.From what information thay gave me it seems rather similar.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 02:27 PM
but these people dont know where I live for all they know I could live in fort william too and just go pick one up?
I replied to one once because they were just down the road from me, as soon as I told them that the puppy was suddenly somewhere else! How strange.

Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
DEFINITE scam.
I have applied to some ads like these out of curiosity, and had the same reply back virtually word for word.

Think I have some saved if you'd like me to quote?

ETA: Play along. Then say you wish to meet the pups' mother and the seller first (not unreasonable) and you will be up near Fort William in two days' time on holiday, as you have family nearby.... how exciting..... the seller is so near!

I'll bet you £5 and the left hind leg of a pedigree Cocker the seller says that's not possible and/or he has suddenly had to move to Northern Ireland/Shetlands/Isle of Wight at no notice due to taking a new job or his 'mother' has died.
I'd bet a lot more and a whole dog!

I feel sorry for people that actually fall for this type of thing,
but then I don't because, it's really obvious something isn't right.
The person that sent the email with a questionnaire is going to get a questionnaire from me before I give them any details too
so c'mon guy's what questions shall I put in my questionnaire to this low life scammer
I wouldn't waste too much time on it because they'll just fob you off, all the questions I asked about health checks etc. were completely ignored and then just went on about how cute it was and what an emergency it was as they were leaving the country, yadda, yadda, yadda.... And if they cotton that you're on to them they won't bother replying at all.

J.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Must say guaranteed health certificates, if not ascam they must be insane!!!!
Multigravegifts
New Member!
Male 

16-06-2010, 05:20 PM
i dont think they seem very professional, and people who breed puppies should be very organised and professional, if not... they shouldnt have dogs so dont encourage them by buying any...
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Can't believe anyone would ever send a penny to these people Order a pup on line and get it delivered ....just as much thought gone into it as ordering a pizza Very sad

Makes me mad that people just want a pup and dont give a dam where it comes from as long as they can have it NOW
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >