View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 08:18 AM
Alarm bells are ringing so loud they sound like a World Cup Match is on!!

No way is this genuine IMO! I agree it simply does not make sense at all. £200 to get a special delivery service - what are they coming in a chauffeur driven limo? What the hell???

I would run a mile - as far as I'm concerned if you cannot see the Mum and pups AND how they are being raised, wouldn't even think about it any further.
Saffy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Definitely a scam. We'd just lost £200 a couple of months ago to ones very smiler. My partner was desperate for a puppy. I warned him it was a scam, but he's a bit gullible..lol

Anyway, once you send them the £200, they then ask for a deposit which you will get back when they get the puppy to you. They said we had to send another £600..I stopped my partner there and said let me sort out a puppy, before we go bankrupt..lol

We went to a proper breeder and along came our gorgeous old type bull dog! lol
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
DEFINITE scam.
I have applied to some ads like these out of curiosity, and had the same reply back virtually word for word.

Think I have some saved if you'd like me to quote?

ETA: Play along. Then say you wish to meet the pups' mother and the seller first (not unreasonable) and you will be up near Fort William in two days' time on holiday, as you have family nearby.... how exciting..... the seller is so near!

I'll bet you £5 and the left hind leg of a pedigree Cocker the seller says that's not possible and/or he has suddenly had to move to Northern Ireland/Shetlands/Isle of Wight at no notice due to taking a new job or his 'mother' has died.
I agree a total scam.

I have also emailed out of curiosity when I have seen my breed advertised and had very similar replies to your one.
My one had over 100 different breeds advertised on a site in various places in the UK, which I didn't notice until after
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2010, 08:53 AM
its a very well known scam!
montysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2010, 09:07 AM
I just can't wait to see the response when you ask to go and see the mum and pups.
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Yup I too thought it reeked of scam, its not just the money though, be wary of giving your details - identity theft and all that!!!!
airedaleowner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-06-2010, 09:41 AM
i got this email, exactly the same thing but for westies.
i just deleted the email straght away, wouldnt trust it at all.

poor pups if there are actually any!!!
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 09:49 AM
I didn't realise how widespread these scams are.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Definite scam - I'd forward the email to Trading Standards as I do think they are trying to crack down on these.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 11:54 AM
have you replied to see what they say? definite scam, has the same language as those 'send me money urgently' scams i get in emails. the english doesn't make sense, seems like it was written by someone with google translator or for whom english is a second language.

i feel sorry for people who get taken in. i'd insist on seeing the puppy AND mother.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >