View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 03:57 PM
China is such a good dog, but my god she drives us crazy with nibbling and cleaning herself...Its that god awful slurpy sound, it makes my skin crawl!!!!!

The nibbling...she is doing a lot recently...but its like she's a wannabe self harmer! she has no insect bites, she has her piriton as she gets hayfever and ive had to resort to putting savlon all over her tummy to stop her licking constantly!!!

You can even hear her from upstairs!

Alex
xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-06-2010, 05:01 PM
With Ollie its his his fear of some people visiting makes for a very stressful time.

Funny things are he lays in the kitchen too and I am forever climbing over him and sometimes he decides to get up while I am straddled trying to get over him.

His herding me too the chair when I get home from being out. His deciding I am not going that way when out walking or I am not walking till I am ready and his dislike of some dogs and him behaving as if he might eat them.

Apart from that he is perfect and loving and no problem at all.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Flynn's baying and barking really get on my nerves although it has lessened as he's gotten older.

Jed is my main frustration because he only has one gear and thats exceedingly slow and it's totally at odds with me and the other 2 dogs.

Jessie has a tendency to be like superglue and sometimes you cant get her from under your feet.
Thought of some more:

Flynn: He eats dog poo (and human if we happen to come across it!) but not any old dog poo. Only really smelly, orange/yellow diarrhoea and he has a beard...

Jed: Doesnt even bother to look at you when you call him or tell him to do something. I've tried asking nicely but only yelling like an old fishwife makes him listen to me.

Jessie: Has typical collie obsession and will find sticks/balls/bottles etc to play with and constantly drops them at my feet whilst i'm walking. No amount of ignoring her stops it as she simply picks the item up and drops it at my feet again if I walk past. If I happen to take a toy and put it in my pocket, she jumps up and down in front of me like a yo-yo and walks backwards eyeballing my hands to see if they produce the toy. In winter it's a nightmare as I can even put my cold hands in my pockets! I have to constantly hold my palms aloft saying "gone" which will give me about a 10 second reprieve before she's yo-yoing again.
pinkgunner
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2010, 07:43 PM
This is a great thread!!!

Perfect timing for me as I came home from work today and unfortunately, I had left the kitchen door open and there was a bin bag full of rubbish by the back door waiting to go in the wheelie bin. Not only had Floyd ripped it open and dragged the rubbish all over the kitchen floor, he had dragged it into the living room AND the dining room. I had previously had paint rollers and brushes wrapped in bags and the bags were in the binbag too, they were shredded on the living room carpet with paint everywhere, fortunately it was emulsion so with a bit of fairy liquid, and a good scrub, it came out.

There was salad all over the dining room carpet, eggshells and just general kitchen rubbish EVERYWHERE The last thing I wanted to come home to.

Fortunately, my mam came round just as I was starting to clean it up, and helped me. As I was cleaning all I did was rabbit on about Floyd and his "faults" pretty much like this -

10 years, 10 bloody years, its just one thing after another. He's scared of the oven timer, the oven, the grill, the hob, my straighteners, the microwave, the smoke alarm, the wind, fireworks, the washing machine, being left in the kitchen by himself.

He barks at everyone and wont stop, he has to be told repeatedly before he'll do as he is told, he barges everyone out of the way like a bull in a china shop, when I get his lead out to take him for a walk he jumps around like a lunatic even though he doesn't get to go out til he's sat quiet this takes about 5 to 10 minutes and happens EVERY day.

I could go on and on, but I'd be here all night, but with all his faults, I adore him because even with his weird behaviour and his "defiance" I'm his world and to him, I'm the best thing ever!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
...And that trick where you`ve got a cup of tea in your hand and they shove their nose under your elbow and it goes all down your front.....
Yup, Dougal does that. First thing in the morning when I have a cup of coffee he jumps up beside me and tries to shove his head under my arm...cue spilt coffee!!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 11:29 PM
thought of another one for jake... the annoying whine he does when he is getting excited coz he knows its time for walkies! its so irritating! he also does this really long high pitched yawn, when he is getting impatient... they drive me crazy, especially coz he knows the cue for walkies and starts the whining about 10 minutes before im actually ready to leave
Luckypirate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2010, 12:54 AM
thought of another one for jake... the annoying whine he does when he is getting excited coz he knows its time for walkies! its so irritating! he also does this really long high pitched yawn, when he is getting impatient... they drive me crazy, especially coz he knows the cue for walkies and starts the whining about 10 minutes before im actually ready to leave

Agree with this, only he does it in the car if he knows he's approaching the park or the forest xD

Big BIG annoyance today...was on a long walk, managed to keep him cleanish and dryish, then five minutes before I had to put him on lead he decides to shove his head into a ridiculously smelly cowpat. So I had to bath his face when we got back, he'd got it inside his ear and everything. Ugh.
Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8