Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Hi,

The only things that bug me are that Zane has no brakes! If he's running at you and you don't move, you get flattened. He does stop eventually - just to turn round and laugh and whoever he's knocked over. Nightmare!!

Yiannis used to eat poo which in itself wasn't too bad as I'd clean up before he got to it. But what really drives me nuts is when he brings it into the house to eat it. Yuk!

Lastly, they ALL have the uncanny ability of taking over both sofas without me even realising it. Most evenings I end up sitting on a dining chair 'cos the dogs are lying across the comfortable (very expensive) furniture!

Laura xx
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Felix has to have a toy to carry on walks, if he doesn't then he steals one from someone elses dog at the first opportunity which is a bit mortifying, he also has a nasty habit of stealing peoples chuckits, not the ball, but the actual chuckit, if he see's one before before I do he literally strolls upto the person and takes it off them!!! Oh, and he cottoned on that if he drops the toy he's carrying I send him back for it, so he started deliberatly dropping it on the way back to have his lead put on... soon fettled that though, put his lead on and sent Indy for it

With Indy its her persistent attempts to pull on the lead, she knows she's not allowed and that i'll stop until she comes back into position but she has to test it four or five times on every walk! Also the way she arks in the queue at agility, until i 'disclose' the tidbits in my pocket, then she couldn't give a flying bum burp about it!

Dillan.... he rolls.... in everything!

Esme, I don't really have any bug bears about Ezzy bless her, we are working on the fact that she launches herself at me when I walk through the door though, its quite hard to catch a flying half grown GSD

Oliver genuinly doesn't have anything annoying about him, he is a but clingy but will go and settle if I ask him to. I wish he had more confidence, he's never had anything 'demotivating' happen to him in the slightest but he's always doubting himself.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Kicks View Post
Felix has to have a toy to carry on walks, if he doesn't then he steals one from someone elses dog at the first opportunity which is a bit mortifying, he also has a nasty habit of stealing peoples chuckits, not the ball, but the actual chuckit, if he see's one before before I do he literally strolls upto the person and takes it off them!!! Oh, and he cottoned on that if he drops the toy he's carrying I send him back for it, so he started deliberatly dropping it on the way back to have his lead put on... soon fettled that though, put his lead on and sent Indy for it

With Indy its her persistent attempts to pull on the lead, she knows she's not allowed and that i'll stop until she comes back into position but she has to test it four or five times on every walk! Also the way she arks in the queue at agility, until i 'disclose' the tidbits in my pocket, then she couldn't give a flying bum burp about it!

Dillan.... he rolls.... in everything!

Esme, I don't really have any bug bears about Ezzy bless her, we are working on the fact that she launches herself at me when I walk through the door though, its quite hard to catch a flying half grown GSD

Oliver genuinly doesn't have anything annoying about him, he is a but clingy but will go and settle if I ask him to. I wish he had more confidence, he's never had anything 'demotivating' happen to him in the slightest but he's always doubting himself.
oh that so brought back memories of Kip. In his last year, he got very stubborn and only liked going certain routes on our walk. He'd never be openly disobedient, but he would do something very similar to Felix - he'd trot of in the direction he wanted to go, then when I turned and went the other way, he'd drop his ball and come back to me, so we'd have to back the way he wanted. They're not daft are they (but just like you, I twigged that I could send Hoki to go and get it instead )
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Chloe walks very s-l-o-w-l-y in front of me when I am walking around the house so I am at risk of falling over her and frequently miss phone calls because I can't get to the phone fast enough..
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Lol Mini, Georgie does that to me when we get on any narrow paths, especially in the woods, he slows right up so I can't keep up with Zena up front, so I tell him to get out of the way I don't want to be behind him, and then he laughs and speeds up when I'm in front!!!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Lol Mini, Georgie does that to me when we get on any narrow paths, especially in the woods, he slows right up so I can't keep up with Zena up front, so I tell him to get out of the way I don't want to be behind him, and then he laughs and speeds up when I'm in front!!!
Dylan does that too on narrow paths! And then he will just stop dead and whoever is behind him, ends up walking straight into him and he has a very solid bum!!

I'm looking after a friends Jack Russell this weekend and apart from her acute separation anxiety she's a sweet little thing. Trouble is she doesn't bark, she screams! I've never heard a dog hit such a high note! Even Lily looks at her with stunned amazement at the pitch of her bark!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Chloe walks very s-l-o-w-l-y in front of me when I am walking around the house so I am at risk of falling over her and frequently miss phone calls because I can't get to the phone fast enough..
Yep, Woody does that too and he always stops dead in doorways!
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-06-2010, 03:26 PM
I've laughed so much at this thread

Lana's seperation anxiety which makes me feel I am in prison sometimes.

On narrow paths trying to push past my legs to get in front.

Having to try and eat every twig, branch or tree in the park and trying to set the world record in eating rabbit poo.

Harrassing me when we're going out and I'm collecting stuff together, constantly following me and nagging me with her looks

Times when I tell her to do something and she stands and stares with either a defiant or a blank look on her face.

I'd forgotten how much a dog slurping away licking themselves turns my stomach. yeuch
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by 1cutedog View Post
I've laughed so much at this thread

Lana's seperation anxiety which makes me feel I am in prison sometimes.

On narrow paths trying to push past my legs to get in front.

Having to try and eat every twig, branch or tree in the park and trying to set the world record in eating rabbit poo.

Harrassing me when we're going out and I'm collecting stuff together, constantly following me and nagging me with her looks

Times when I tell her to do something and she stands and stares with either a defiant or a blank look on her face.

I'd forgotten how much a dog slurping away licking themselves turns my stomach. yeuch
Worse than that is having to listen to Georgie eating a raw carrot, it's gross!!! Hmmm, I seem to have a few little niggles about my Georgieboy don't I, but I'm kind of used to him now
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Poppy gets on my nerves in the summer when she gets up at 5am every morning - probably the birds etc waking her, but doesn't mean I want to get up too!

Also, when I offer her to go out to the garden for a wee before she has her dinner, then just as I sit down to eat mine, she goes to the back door to go out!

Trying to eat everything off the path/park while out walking, despite knowing to 'leave it' if food is dropped in the kitchen at home.

That's probably it really. I'm over the fact that despite having perfect recall for the first 3 years, it suddenly went and no amount of training it will not come back. It's her fault she'll have to spend the rest of her life on a flexi lead in the park and a short lead along the streets, no matter how much I'd love to see her run around.
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >