Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 12:33 AM

Found a new home for Woody (sorry long)

I've been off line for a while with pc probs which are gettng worse, but a lot of you dont know Ian was bitten a few weeks ago seperating the three dogs who were trying to kill each other. We spent 5 hours in casualty and he needed ab's, so reluctantly we decided to rehome the youngest boy Woody, he's a lovely dog and tbh one of my favs but he seems to have upset the balance and Dice his dad hates him.
I've put it off but Brons litters due any day. Ians got a friend of a friend who've just lost a Westie who have offered to rehome him, Ive spoken to her and she lves local so I cam keep in touch and shes promised to bring him for grooming and said I can call in the pub to see him anytime.
Were going to meet her tomorrow night I know its for the best but I'm heartbroken love him to bits but I think its for the best.
Ians hoping the pups will keep me so busy I wont have time to miss him doubt it tbh he gets in the bed when Ian goes to work for a cuddle every morning.
paw-paw
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-04-2008, 05:48 AM
Sorry you have to rehome him. But you will be able to see him a lot and you know he is getting great new home...
Tho i am sure you will miss him. But it is better to rehome him than watching you dogs fighting...I think you made the right, tho hard choice...
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 06:25 AM
Oh Jacquie, I'm so sorry it's come to this, but you have to do what is right for you and your OH's safety.

It sounds like you've found a lovely home for Woody, and the fact that you can keep in touch is a bonus.

Big hugs honey - I've been where you are, and was distraught xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 06:50 AM
Sorry to hear things havn't worked out, but it sounds like the right decision even though the hardest one for you.
The home sounds lovely and you will be able to stay in touch.
Sending you some hugs as I know you are finding this so difficult.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-04-2008, 07:05 AM
Hi Morganstar, sorry you are having to re-home Woody you must be so sad to lose him.

Remember dogs are very adaptable and I am sure he will love his new home and having undivided attention.
Forget morning cuddles, you will be far to busy with those gorgeous Welshie puppies (you lucky person,wish I had room for one ).
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 07:08 AM
You know I've been in the same situation as you with fighting dogs and even though you know it's for the best it is also very hard to do.
I think you have done the right thing both for Woody and yourselves.
Becky
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 07:53 AM
Well done for making that really tough decision - I had to do it last year Hamish was causing problems with the balance and wasn't happy as part of a pack at all. I too ended up bitten as a result of a fight too.

Hamish is now very happy (he went to live with my mum) as an only dog and doted on completely - he comes to stay now and again too which is fabulous to see how happy him and my mum are.

I weeped buckets the day he went but knew it was the best decision.

You have done what is right for Woody as well as the other dogs too.

Thinking of you

xx
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 08:31 AM
What a shame for you - but lovely that he will be local and his life will be more relaxed and stressless and the new owners will enjoy him so much
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 08:34 AM
a hard decision I am sure but by the sounds of it the right one, you cant let them carry on fighting its not fair on them or you and def not OH. At least you will have regular contact and new pups to look forward to x
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

02-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Hi Jacquie

So sorry you have had to re-home Woody, but at least you can still see him andwill know how he is doing.

Comforting hugs and good luck with the new litter when it arrives.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >