Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wiccaweys
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-04-2006, 05:42 PM

Meg - Border Collie

Meg is a lovely older lady of about 12 years who has come to Wiccaweys from the Yorkshire Dales. Meg is a retired working girl. She has lived all her life on a farm, and outside, mostly kennelled or on a chain. A well-wisher was helping out with lambing on the farm, and Meg's farmer owner agreed to let her find Meg a retirement home.

Until she arrived at Wiccaweys Meg had never been in a house - however, she has taken to this retirement lark like a duck to water! She is as good as gold, not a peep out of her, and amazingly for a long time kennelled dog - she is clean in the house!

Meg has a smashing temperament and is good with other dogs and cats. Obviously she is used to being around stock too.

Meg still has plenty to offer, and would love a retirement home to call her own.

If you feel you can offer Meg the home she deserves, please telephone us on: 07905 203254 (please note we only accept enquiries for dogs by telephone - we like to have a chat with you!)

*All Wiccaweys dogs are vaccinated, neutered where appropriate, microchipped, flea-treated and wormed before leaving for their new homes.
*All dogs are carefully assessed within a home environment, no Wiccaweys dog is kennelled.
*All potential new Guardians are required to fill in an adoption application form and a homecheck will be carried out.
*All successful new Guardians are required to sign
an adoption contract.
*Lifetime advice, commitment and support to rehomed dogs and their new Guardians.
*Help and advice is available to all.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 05:46 PM
aww what a beautiful girl i wish i could take all these collies up for homing i hope she finds a new loving home that she deserves
colliecrazy1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-04-2006, 12:24 AM
Wish i Called take this little lady...But with my Baby..meg only being 8month, and Not having a Big house or Garden...I Don,t think its Right....But i will Ask @ Flyball sat...Goodluck with Homing her Soon.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-04-2006, 01:01 AM
Jeez, she's tempting! I'd be right on the phone now, if I thought that Mrs S would go along with me! Unfortunately, my mobility is such that I have a hard enough time coping with two BCs who know how Snorri Mansions works already. Besides, Snorri-dog would give her a hard time settling in , because he thinks that Mrs S and I are his exclusive property (he's not even that keen on his brother being a resident, although he's aware that he mustn't make a fuss about that )

I wish her a nice, comfy, warm home, in a good "walkie" area, with people who will give her good food, lots of treats and will love her for who she is - exactly what my BCs decided they needed, when they first saw their barn. They got it, with minimal effort. This little lady deserves it.

12 is a fair age for a Border Collie, but with a peaceful home life, they can go on for a lot longer than that - my first BC went on to 19 and beyond, with all his faculties present and correct, enjoying all the privileges that "pet-hood" conferred on him. This lass has earned her place in the sun - get dialling, peeps!

Snorri
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Go on Snorri.... You could give the girl a great home - she'd fit in perfect with your two boys
Wiccaweys
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-04-2006, 06:35 PM
Meg has gone to a new home today
Wiccaweys
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

01-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Meg is looking again im afraid
Leslie
Dogsey Senior