register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Kazz is offline  
Location: England
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,293
Female 
 
24-09-2013, 08:43 PM
I am sure just being in the UK will give you a sense of relief and him a sense of "Its okay Moms here" will he be coming to you to recouperate?
Reply With Quote
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Tang is offline  
Location: Larnaka, Cyprus
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,788
Female 
 
24-09-2013, 08:52 PM
PHEW!! Update! Update! All happening here. Geezus.

Although it is not absolutely confirmed yet the surgeon's secretary seems to think next Wednesday will not be a problem.

So I've been frantically trying to book a flight to get there on the Tuesday. Then Mart rings me and says he is booking one for me to get there this Sunday. Gawd. Says he wants us to have some time before he goes in and wants to take me out to dinner and all that jazz. I end up taking over the booking of the flight coz he thinks he is booking me to BRISTOL (near his) but it was actually BIRMINGHAM (nowhere near his!)

After much faffing I've sourced a one way ticket for MONDAY at 10.30 so leave here about 8.30am with the national carrier either BA or CypAirways (forgotten already!) I really cannot be doing with these sodding 'budget' airlines these days and their tiny cramped seats and all the extras they load on and the delays (because National Carriers get priority for take off and landing). And the low costs (which aren't low anyway) are getting worse for changing actual departure DATES let alone times. I don't need that aggro so am sticking with BA or CA.

I'm now looking at hiring a car from HRW coz they are doing little'uns like mine for about 200 quid for 2wks and that's less than I spend on trains and taxis when over there. He however is insisting I use his classic beemer (err, I don't think so Mart!) but truth is we don't need a car at all once we are back in Bath coz he lives right on the edge of the Bath Spa Town Centre just a five min walk in. Not even far enough to bother with bus or taxi.

I then rang MONNY to put her mind at rest. She then got all frantic thinking this might be a NEW problem and another different disc! I then phoned Mart back to tell him I've booked the flight and he said he will call Monny (bad boy hadn't told her he was bringing it fwd) then said she is on the line now. So I've left them talking to one another five minutes ago.

I need a drink.

I've now got 5 days before leaving but I think that's a good thing as I don't think my nerves will stand a much longer period. I will go see Roger and Yannis tomorrow and tell them what's happened and see what they say about Bella before doing anything regarding Petstop.

Have explained to Martin AGAIN that it is not do-able to bring her over this time.

Have let Jen and Danny know what's going on and that I am not about to do the 'rounds' when I get there. They can all come to Mart's once he is safe home in Bath again.

I'm hopeful for the brought forward date coz that's the one the surgeon really wanted because he has the American big wig there and wanted him to be in on it to observe it. It's quite a newish procedure this titanium stuff.

Bella seems to have picked up on my angst. From the last time I was on here until an hour ago when Mart called she has been curled into me (even turning on her back for me to tickle her belly!) and just letting me stroke her and licking my hands and well ... acting totally out of character for arsy little Bella altogether (just makes me feel worse about leaving her lol!)

I now need to call my lovely sister but she will be in bed by now. She is working tomorrow. I will call her in the morning when I've done a few outstanding bits here.

Checklist
Get my hair cut again
Pack a case
Give full emergency detail list to the guys upstairs and another neighbour just in case.
Forward the flight email to my other two kids and my best mate, Andy, in the UK so they know what's going on.

Andy has been trying to call me and Skype me all evening so I better go and give him a buzz right now.
Reply With Quote
Meg
Supervisor
Meg is offline  
Location: Dogsey and Worcestershire
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 49,475
Female  Diamond Supporter 
 
24-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Pat I have just read all this , you must be so relieved the operation has been brought forward and that you will soon be with your son. Age to me is irrelevant, they stay our babies whatever their age and their pain is our pain

Have a good journey and warm wishes to your son for a speedy recovery from his operation x .
Reply With Quote
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Lacey10 is offline  
Location: Nr Ireland
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 19,204
Female 
 
24-09-2013, 09:11 PM
Have a drink,catch your breath At least you know what you're aiming at,date of op,flight booked...that's great.Bella must sense your stressing that's why all the extra cuddles,she'll be grand PAT Take it handy you'll get there.Will chuck ya over a few bottles of Bushmills
Reply With Quote
tawneywolf
Moderator
tawneywolf is offline  
Location: Bolton
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 24,075
Female  Gold Supporter 
 
24-09-2013, 09:23 PM
OMG, one minute you're lazing in the sun, next minute Headless Chicken Mode, next minute flight to UK is booked, Bella Needs A Sitter and you are packing.
The surgeon guy looks good, and the American is obviously an Expert as well, and your boy can't have too many experts working on him.
All fingers crossed here for you xxxxxx
Reply With Quote
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Kazz is offline  
Location: England
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,293
Female 
 
24-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Good Lord - it is all go there isn't it.
So all systems go..........sure it will all be good.
Reply With Quote
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Tang is offline  
Location: Larnaka, Cyprus
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,788
Female 
 
24-09-2013, 11:02 PM
If I've missed anyone thank you so much anyway for all your support. It really does help.

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Pat I have just read all this , you must be so relieved the operation has been brought forward and that you will soon be with your son. Age to me is irrelevant, they stay our babies whatever their age and their pain is our pain
Have a good journey and warm wishes to your son for a speedy recovery from his operation x .
Yes Mini - once they've 'grown up' you realise that the baby and kiddy years were the EASY ones! Those were when you could fix almost anything that was wrong in their world!

Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I am sure just being in the UK will give you a sense of relief and him a sense of "Its okay Moms here" will he be coming to you to recouperate?
Kazz I think that's what he is hoping for - this 'new' op has a much shorter recovery time. And one of the reasons for the 6week wait with his last op was the scar/wound site on his spine. There is a danger of blood or bubbles or summat forming when you are flying with the pressure and all that. He will have no further scar on the spine. They are going in thro' his abdomen for this procedure, shove everything aside and work on the spine from there. To negate further scar tissue on his spine region. I'm all set to have the NEW BED raised like I did the old one! I was even looking at bluddy wheelchairs earlier but have got my senses somewhat under control again now lol!

Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Have a drink,catch your breath At least you know what you're aiming at,date of op,flight booked...that's great.Bella must sense your stressing that's why all the extra cuddles,she'll be grand PAT Take it handy you'll get there.Will chuck ya over a few bottles of Bushmills
Thank you Eileen. Hey I will come to IRELAND for the BUSHMILLS (now she tells me!) Bella will have to be fine. I purposely chose a more 'independent' and not so 'needy and clingy' breed this time because of having to leave my dog. And, much as I love Bella my kids do rank slightly higher than her in the hierarchy when it comes to who will be inconvenienced!

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
OMG, one minute you're lazing in the sun, next minute Headless Chicken Mode, next minute flight to UK is booked, Bella Needs A Sitter and you are packing. The surgeon guy looks good, and the American is obviously an Expert as well, and your boy can't have too many experts working on him.
All fingers crossed here for you xxxxxx
Thank you June. Yes Martin has spent more than a year researching the few surgeons who do this op and been to see them all and talked it over with them (even those abroad) as it is such an important and risky procedure. And it is going to cost him around 20K too. He settled on this guy and I'm happy with that.

Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Good Lord - it is all go there isn't it.
So all systems go..........sure it will all be good.
Thanks Kazz. Of course I cannot look at any other outcome than it 'will all be good'. The alternatives don't bear thinking about!

I think I would have gone mentally AWOL without this forum to let off steam and think aloud today with all the waiting and wondering and the changing of everything every five minutes. Hasn't quite sunk in yet but I have a rough plan formulated and will start setting it into action tomorrow starting with packing.

Mart didn't want me to get a return flight so I'm going on a one way. I guess that's some indication of how he is feeling too! Not that he would admit to that lol!
Reply With Quote
Losos
Dogsey Veteran
Losos is offline  
Location: Suffolk, England
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,255
Male  Silver Supporter 
 
25-09-2013, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I really cannot be doing with these sodding 'budget' airlines these days and their tiny cramped seats and all the extras they load on and the delays (because National Carriers get priority for take off and landing). And the low costs (which aren't low anyway) are getting worse for changing actual departure DATES let alone times. I don't need that aggro so am sticking with BA or CA.
Oh Pat I'm so with you on this, agree 100%, I could give you a list as long as your arm of reasons not to use these so called low cost airlines, was it Ryanair that landed at the wrong airport and just told the passengers to make their own way to the correct airport and they were hundreds of miles apart !!!!

Anyway, it's all systems go for you now, and I repeat I hope all goes well, I'm sure it will, and I will try to keep up with whatever you post, if you have time, but if I miss something apologies in advance, I will likely be heading to UK just as you're setting off back to Cyprus and it's all over and your son is back at work.
Reply With Quote
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Elaine is offline  
Location: Amongst my dogs, cats and chickens
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,366
Female 
 
25-09-2013, 09:52 AM
Hope it all goes well for your baby, yes he will always be your baby. I can only echo what everyone else has said. I am sure Bella will be fine with upstairs or in boarding, it is not the first time she has been in there is it.

Please take time to breath Pat, Mart is in very good hands, he is very lucky to have such a loving and caring family.

Hugs to you and get Well Soon Wishes to your boy xx
Reply With Quote
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Tang is offline  
Location: Larnaka, Cyprus
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,788
Female 
 
25-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
<snip>
Anyway, it's all systems go for you now, and I repeat I hope all goes well, I'm sure it will, and I will try to keep up with whatever you post, if you have time, but if I miss something apologies in advance, I will likely be heading to UK just as you're setting off back to Cyprus and it's all over and your son is back at work.
Like ships that pass in the night! Thanks Losos good luck to you too in all your endeavours.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools


© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top