Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 08:16 AM

What would you choose?

If you could choose between country living, big (1/3rd acre) garden, nice home, no near neighbours, lovely area to walk in, hay on tap for the small animals! (next to hay field!!)

Or... seaside living, lovely home, biggish garden, neighbours on two sides, but lovely country walks as well as beach walks as very near seafront...?

My dogs have not been near the seafront, but love water, the also love woods and fields... I'm kerfuffled!!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-04-2011, 08:27 AM
If you could choose between country living, big (1/3rd acre) garden, nice home, no near neighbours, lovely area to walk in, hay on tap for the small animals! (next to hay field!!)

Or... seaside living, lovely home, biggish garden, neighbours on two sides, but lovely country walks as well as beach walks as very near seafront...?

My dogs have not been near the seafront, but love water, the also love woods and fields... I'm kerfuffled!!
Hi Petticoat the two options are not mutually exclusive, you can have both seaside and countryside at once but wherever I would always choose seclusion and no neighbours.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 08:31 AM
Definitely the one with no neighbours!
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 08:32 AM
Think I would go for the seaside living but in a slightly out of town more rural not touristy seaside place, with countryside on tap but the sea near by!

Oh to have a perfect life, i would still want tescos grocery shopping to my door and to be able to get out without too much fuss in bad weather as have two children needing a life and school and dont want to be fully isolated, but a neighbour just down the road will be better than one attached to the house like i have now!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-04-2011, 08:33 AM
No neighbours for me too. I have great neighbours but love the idea of country livng lots of space and no neighbour worries.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Im very lucky. I have a bit of both. I live in a seaside village. So we have more countryside than you can shake a stick at but also have a dog friendly beach on our doorsetep. The only thing we're missing is sand!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 09:27 AM
I'm afraid I would head to the no neighbors side!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 09:41 AM
I could not live where there were no people....I like people, I am a town/city girl at heart.
Both sound lovely.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Country living for me, with a nice house and with a bit more acreage - say 5-6 acres.
Seaside places can get busy and I'm not really fussed about the sea and sand - I prefer woods, rivers and fields.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Having no neighbours sounds great, until you are ill.............. etc
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »