Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
You will never change a culture by insulting those involved in it.
I am not throwing abuse at one individual, perhaps the way I wrote it seemed like I was rubbishing their whole culture but that is not my intention.

But should anyone from China ask me I will tell the truth, to treat ANY animal that way is abuse IMO. You can eat meat without dipping a live animal in boiling water and ripping its skin off.

The thing is, what would make them change?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 05:55 PM
I agree, I mean it could have been a chamber pot! YUK
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
I am not throwing abuse at one individual, perhaps the way I wrote it seemed like I was rubbishing their whole culture but that is not my intention.

But should anyone from China ask me I will tell the truth, to treat ANY animal that way is abuse IMO. You can eat meat without dipping a live animal in boiling water and ripping its skin off.

The thing is, what would make them change?
Showing them a better way? Educating them on better management? Certainly not throwing insults and abuse and saying boycott!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Is that meant to be funny?
Twas a bit.
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
I thought it was funny! Nice to bring some humour into it!

I don't think finding something in a pot from thousands of years ago is grim at all.
Nor me, I LOVE archaeology.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
I thought it was funny! Nice to bring some humour into it!

I don't think finding something in a pot from thousands of years ago is grim at all.
It was a puppy! - i put the word "grim" to alert those of a delicate constitution not to read further. Some might find the idea of puppy stew less than appealing.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Showing them a better way? Educating them on better management? Certainly not throwing insults and abuse and saying boycott!
Well, I didnt say boycott, I didnt throw abuse. I stated the truth. To put an animal through extreme (torture basically) pain, anxiety and suffering to eat it is cruel and unecessary IMO.

How exactly do you propose to teach them a better way when their own 'classes' are so far apart?
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Twas a bit.

Nor me, I LOVE archaeology.
No. Definitely I didnt find it funny

So do I, hence the reason for finding the article, I was reading up on the latest archelogical news in Peru......

Have to say good for the Egyptians - at least they revered Cats.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 06:47 PM
I am so sorry have offended you, was trying to bring bit of lightness n humour(of sorts, if inappropriate please accept my apologies, and i do mean that very much), diffuse a little. I would never wish any harm to any animal or anyone and care very much, sometimes when watching wildlife/human documentaries and seeing people eat things we never do or need to is upsetting. If is peoples culture, ways and for need not greed is not a problem, but cruelty and suffering is wrong. Sorry if not very well put and am sorry if caused offence
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Well, it seems that several of us on Dogsey appreciated k9paw's attempt to inject a bit of humour into the thread.

Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
I am so sorry have offended you, was trying to bring bit of lightness n humour(of sorts, if inappropriate please accept my apologies, and i do mean that very much), diffuse a little. I would never wish any harm to any animal or anyone and care very much, sometimes when watching wildlife/human documentaries and seeing people eat things we never do or need to is upsetting. If is peoples culture, ways and for need not greed is not a problem, but cruelty and suffering is wrong. Sorry if not very well put and am sorry if caused offence
And anyone who knows your posts knows that H

Personally I do find the idea of eating dog unappealing but there again I find the idea of eating any poultry, fish and meat unappealing. I agree that how an animal is reared, treated and slaughtered is extremely important and I know full well that the Chinese have appalling standards of animal welfare but when you consider the intensive farming practices in this country, is there really much difference?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 09:13 PM
No. Definitely I didnt find it funny

So do I, hence the reason for finding the article, I was reading up on the latest archelogical news in Peru......

Have to say good for the Egyptians - at least they revered Cats.
Of course! They still killed them though and buried them with their owners.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >