View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-03-2011, 03:21 PM
I have seen a breeder who has an 18 month guarantee against heredity disease ,so you get a replacement dog and keep your original dog of course ..
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Have to saying breaking contracts works both ways... my breeder has a signed contract making out she is mother teresa in the dog world.... always be there..always will care etc. within weeks I had major health problems and deperately seeked her advice, didn't want to return him or apportion any blame whatsoever but was twice promised that she would seek information and ring me back but not a wordeithr time. This is the 4th puppy I have bought off her over 26years!! Am I bitter? Just a little!!
Dooley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
I sold a pup that was sold on without my knowledge and the KC are refusing to give me the new owners details.
the kc wouldn`t be allowed to do such a thing surely ? , could find themselves in real trouble as it i would think fall under the data protection act.
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by Dooley View Post
the kc wouldn`t be allowed to do such a thing surely ? , could find themselves in real trouble as it i would think fall under the data protection act.
Yes, it does, however, if you write to the new owners care of the KC with a request that they pass on the correspondence they will usually do this.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Its all well and good getting the owner to sign the contract stating that they know of the endorsments - but believe me it stands for nothing. I have recently seen a breeder get right shot in the bum. She sold a pup to someone with endorsments - who KNEW about the endorsments..Breeder refused to have them lifted due to the quality of the dog, and endorsments were never to be lifted. So owners put the dog in someone elses name, that person then contacted the KC to say they just brought this dog and were never told about endorsments..So KC lifted them ...Dog then went back into first owners name and is now being bred. I find that disgusting.

We do send a contract with all pups and it can be found on our website, but to be honest it means little - which is a great shame!!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Dooley View Post
Your right but it doesnt help the breeders. The pup is dog with breeding restrictions on and the contract says not to be resold but has to come back to me. I cant even get in touch with the original buyers as they've moved.
With regards refunding for dogs with heriditary illnesses its a mine field, for example my contract says we've done all the relevent health tests we can and are not respinsible should a problem occur that we've already tested for.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

27-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Anyone have a copy of a Swedish Puppy Contract? I really would like to take a look. (Anyone know anyone from there? Perhaps they can get a copy for us?)

I would look at that and base what I'd like to see in such a contract on that - because it has been proven to work.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 05:27 PM
I think it's up to the KC to make sure such things dont happened by contacting the breeders when the change of ownership form is received. Doubt it will happen though.
SallyG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
How binding are these contracts? After all. the dog may well be sold and the contract would only apply to the first owner.
They arnt, unless they are drawn up by a Solicitor and signed by witnesses.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-03-2011, 05:38 PM
I was just reading a puppy contract from the US and it was to be signed by a notoriety ,would that make it binding ?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >