Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-03-2011, 11:33 AM

Randy bitch !

Sophie has been with us just over a week now. A 2 year old female - unspayed. She wraps her front legs around my arms/legs to hump me.

She tried to hump Locky the other night, though he soon told her off ! I've seen male dogs do it, but not a female - not that I've been around dogs for years and years to see such things. Strange (to me).
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Humping isn't always sexual. Kiki is spayed but will hump on certain occasions! Usually when she's very excited from play and you're sat on the floor (so I make sure I never kneel down to clean the rug if she's just had an exciting game indoors! ). She occasionally does it to dogs too, again, usually when she's been quite excited (e.g. meeting a dog she doesn't see that often) and the dog is on the ground (usually on their backs)
missy01
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2011, 11:51 AM
she is showing her dominance over you - you really should put a stop to this soonest...
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by missy01 View Post
she is showing her dominance over you - you really should put a stop to this soonest...
I'd run and hide...

I agree with Krlyr. I've never had this problem with my unspayed bitch, she has humped a few dogs on occasion when she was younger but she's grown out of it. Perhaps a spaying would relax her. You could always up the amount of exercise - that helped Sadie.

On the other hand the other girl she lives with, humps her, the cat, pillows everything and she is only a few months old. At the moment, due to problems, they haven't been able to get her injections so hasn't been for a walk yet - so for her problem, she just needs walks - IMO
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-03-2011, 12:10 PM

I'm sat under the desk as I type this to let her know that it's MY space, and that she only gets to go there because I allow it. Tonight, I will eat my tea out of her bowl to make sure she recognises me as the Top Dog.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Can we see pictures of her...I don't think I know about the bitch
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Just excitement, over arousal in animals in either sex often released in this way if there is nothing else about, explain that this is not acceptable!
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Ah, I have an unspayed bitch who humps the other two, and will also assault the sofa if she gets the chance.

Dominance my foot
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Oh dear

Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post

I'm sat under the desk as I type this to let her know that it's MY space, and that she only gets to go there because I allow it. Tonight, I will eat my tea out of her bowl to make sure she recognises me as the Top Dog.
I would also suggest you give her an alpha roll at least twice a day, just to be sure

I cannot give any real advice as I have never had a bitch but IME male humping is just an over excitement thing so I would assume this would go the same for females??
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Oh, come on....
She`s having a play or getting excited.

re dominance - have a read of this
http://abapdf.s3.amazonaws.com/Media...20oct%2009.pdf
or this
http://www.vin.com/proceedings/Proce...8203&O=Generic