View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 10:01 AM

I am both saddened and disgusted by this....

I found this post on Gumtree. I don't often look on there but I was being nosy and just had to look at what animals are on there. I hate to see the number fo pups and dogs for sale where the seller couldn't give a toss where their dogs end up.

Anyway, after being nost I came across this post/advert :

I have 2 beautiful carpet pythons, a male and a female, very tame and loving, fed on large mice at the moment, have to be seperated when feeding.

Includes*

A 3 ft viv with everything needed, 100w heat lamp, logs, hide.
A snake box for when needed to be seperated.
4 Large mice

Would like 250 ovno
Or would like to swap for a puppy, a german shepherd preferably but i will see what puppy you would offer, like husky, german shepherd, mastiff any large breed.

How very sad for whatever puppy ends up there. I hope these people do have the time and patience for a new puppy but I doubt it.
At least the pythons get to live elsewhere hopefully.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 11:14 AM
It's disgusting isn't it? I'm a fool for looking at gumtree ads and it makes me sick to my stomach every time I see someone offering to trade animals! It's crazy that in this day and age people still treat animals like commodities rather than living, feeling creatures
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Im not a reptile person however two large pythons in a 3ft enclosure? Is that not a tad small?
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 12:22 PM
We had a couple of Indian pythons many years ago and they were very rarely in their vivarium. They'd be out in the living room much of the time as family pets should be.
They'd be put back if we had visitors and for feeding or when we went to bed.

Their enclosure was 3ft x 5ft when they were about 4ft long. So they botyh could at least stretch out in one direction if they wanted to.So yes it does seem small but they don't have to be in there althe time.

it was more the fact that they wanted to swap/exchange the snakes for a puppy but specified it depended on what breed was offered. What if it was a scruffy mutt? Wouldf they refuse because it was a large breed with a poor reputation?

People like this make me embarrassed to be human.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Carpet Pythons? dear god! I hope they find a good home, and the owner has the common sense to seperate them. £ft is far too small for them, my Leopard Geckos have that, each

I hate this swap my pet malarky. I used to be a member of a reptile forum, but left because I got fed up with this swapping pets/constant getting rid because of a new fad.

when will people learn, animals are not pokemon cards