Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
doggirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2011, 10:20 PM

The pet undertaker scotland

dont want to be morbid, but has anyone used this service? i want to make plans for the future seen this site and seems to me to be the choice i will make. i would like to know what others think and if you have any recomendations. sorry if this brings up any sad memories for anyone
Abbey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2011, 11:37 PM
I have several clients who have and have had positive experiences.

For my own dogs I have always used Elysian Fields and I can only say good things about them, their attention to detail and caring attitude make them top of my list.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
I have several clients who have and have had positive experiences.

For my own dogs I have always used Elysian Fields and I can only say good things about them, their attention to detail and caring attitude make them top of my list.
I am relieved to read that. Moss went away to Elysian Fields to be cremated. I was in shock I think, as his death was fairly sudden and unexpected, and I didn't get a chance to check Elysian Fields out before he went there. I then had all sorts of paranoid thoughts that perhaps they were one of the rogue outfits I am sure everyone has read about, and that when I received his ashes back, they may actually belong to another dog, or animals

I was touched when I did receive his ashes back in a lovely casket with his name engraved on a little plate on the top, and a spray of flowers.

Have you actually checked Elysian Fields out Abbey, or know of anyone how has physically been and seen how they treat the pets that come to them for cremation etc?
Abbey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Yes, I have and on every level it's a very professional, discreet service who treat the animals with care, respect and dignity. We as a practice have used them for many years. As an individual, as I mentioned before, I used them for my own dogs. With Amber and Jack last year, I was upset at the thought of them going into the mortuary at the practice, so on both occasions the driver from Elysian Fields came and collected the dogs and drove them to the crematorium that day. Both were cremated the day they were euthanased, which meant a lot to me. We only pay a nominal fee as the practice is a client, but the service I got was top class.

They now do 'ashes to scatter' in a pink or blue pottery urn with the animals name engraved on the lid, there is no additional charge for this. Ashes to scatter used to come back in a little box and the urn was an additional charge.

I can assure anyone using this company that the ashes that are returned to you are that of your own pet and that the treatment of your animal throughout the process is exactly what you would want.

I hope that puts anyones' mind at rest.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Yes, I have and on every level it's a very professional, discreet service who treat the animals with care, respect and dignity. We as a practice have used them for many years. As an individual, as I mentioned before, I used them for my own dogs. With Amber and Jack last year, I was upset at the thought of them going into the mortuary at the practice, so on both occasions the driver from Elysian Fields came and collected the dogs and drove them to the crematorium that day. Both were cremated the day they were euthanased, which meant a lot to me. We only pay a nominal fee as the practice is a client, but the service I got was top class.

They now do 'ashes to scatter' in a pink or blue pottery urn with the animals name engraved on the lid, there is no additional charge for this. Ashes to scatter used to come back in a little box and the urn was an additional charge.

I can assure anyone using this company that the ashes that are returned to you are that of your own pet and that the treatment of your animal throughout the process is exactly what you would want.

I hope that puts anyones' mind at rest.
Thank you so much. You don't know how much that means to me, hearing this. Thanks again.

This is how Moss was returned to me.

lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by doggirl View Post
dont want to be morbid, but has anyone used this service? i want to make plans for the future seen this site and seems to me to be the choice i will make. i would like to know what others think and if you have any recomendations. sorry if this brings up any sad memories for anyone
If you mean this

http://www.petundertaker.info/

then you simply could not be in better hands. The lovely lady will take care of your dog as she did our Jodie - with love, kindness and consideration. It was everything we could have asked for and knowing that our beloved girl was in the best hands gave us more comfort than I could ever have imagined.

You will be safe in the knowledge that your dog will be cremated individually and his/her ashes (not another dogs or just any old thing - it happens) will be in the beautiful casket you receive. You can have an In Memory on the site as well.

To me the care after immediately after death is very important and a great help in the start of the grieving process.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask if you need more info.
Abbey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Moobli - what a lovely casket that is. RIP Moss and (((hugs))) to you xxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Moobli - what a lovely casket that is. RIP Moss and (((hugs))) to you xxx
Thanks Abbey, it is lovely isn't it. Speaking about Moss today brought tears yet again, but when I had your reassurances about Elysian Fields, it really made me feel better, and that I now know for sure that my Mossy is home with me again