Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
When we lived down in Grimsby, I always loved going to shows at the Newark & Notts showground. It was outdoors mainly, within reasonable travelling distance to where we lived, always had a great atmosphere, good sized rings, plenty attending and nice food Sid would always come with me and make a day of it - but he won't go to the open shows in the halls as he hates them!!

That was when I really enjoyed showing. Up here many of the Open shows are in small, cramped halls and it takes the enjoyment right out of it. The rings are too small, lots of them are too warm and it's just not as enjoyable. I much prefer outdoor shows. I'm hoping to get to at least one champ show this year - we both thoroughly enjoyed the one and only one we attended last year.
Newark & Notts is a nice venue
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 09:55 AM
A friendly jolly atmosphere, fair judging, roomy rings.

I do enjoy Crufts - feel privileged to be there with my dog and so pleased we will be there again next year

Just a good day out with my dogs

Oh and all on my doorstep lol so I don't have to drive too far!

I think I'm very lucky in that I have the South of England showground - whilst it is freezing in the winter its a good size and in summer its lovely being outdoors on the grass.

I do hate some of the sports hall venues used for some opens though so crammed and stuffy and lack of carparking too.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
My ideal dog show? A huge field with a lake, lots of shady wooded parts, open grassy area, perhaps some agility equipment, a marquee for refreshments (& I suppose some portaloos!) and lots of dogs being allowed to be dogs & having a great time Never going to be called a dog "show" is it?!!!
That`s what All about Dogs was like. Till Brentwood Council got greedy....
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 03:22 PM
My ideal dog show?

Well, any of the 4 dogs shows we went to where Parker took "Best in show" of course!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-03-2011, 03:39 PM
1, outdoors

2, less shops

3, smaller crowds

4, no tedious pageants
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
My ideal dog show? A huge field with a lake, lots of shady wooded parts, open grassy area, perhaps some agility equipment, a marquee for refreshments (& I suppose some portaloos!) and lots of dogs being allowed to be dogs & having a great time Never going to be called a dog "show" is it?!!!
This would have been my Anni's idea of Hell she hated water, wouldn't go out if it was raining, & walked round puddles, Its really embarassing when your GSD does this. She wouldn't go within 500 yards of a lake after I had the idea to take her to a dog swimming pool. She also wouldn't jump on command only if she felt like it, refused to go through tunnels in agility & didn't like toys. Her idea of the ideal show, though not mine would be a small ring with food on every corner. At your show she'd have spent her entire time in the refreshment tent. She's the only dog I've ever had who pulled harder to come home than to go for a walk.
My idea of a great show is one like the British Seiger last year at Water Orton. I also enjoy the companion shows as long as there's ring side parking & close disabled loos. Must say the idea of a show where you knew the judge would consider every dog on its merits regardless of the other end of the lead is a fantastic thought too.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Not to have Clare Balding "presenting"
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 04:30 PM
The Dogsey Virtual Show of course!!!!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
Not to have Clare Balding "presenting"
Hey-she's better than that awful "Dougie" whateverhisname!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 07:38 PM
I agree totally with Melsgems..........the Dogsey Virtual Show is the best.

Where else can you sit in comfort; review the entrants over and over again for days; spend hours and hours getting that perfect pose from your own dog; then go back and look at the winners time and time again!

Also drinks and snacks are in constant supply, and the loo is clean
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >