View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Gorgeous and a lovely place to train too I've just started dummy work with Sika again, onto marked retrieves now
Stevel
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by peedie View Post
Gorgeous and a lovely place to train too I've just started dummy work with Sika again, onto marked retrieves now
It is sometimes good to take a few steps back and practise some old exercises.

I have because Jago has begun taking liberties, not responding to the stop whistle, running off to say hello to other dogs and just no focused on me.

Gotta let him know who is the boss or who thinks he is the boss 'cause I'm not always sure I am

Steve
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Hope you don't mind but meant to ask before, are the Clumber ways, nature, more like a Cocker, Springer, mix of both or neither?
Stevel
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Hope you don't mind but meant to ask before, are the Clumber ways, nature, more like a Cocker, Springer, mix of both or neither?
Neither really. They can be very obstinate but cannot be bullied because they just switch off if you try to.

My springer and cockers I have had in the past attack cover without a thought as to whether there is anything in there or not. A clumber is more selective and if he does not think there is any game in there he'll just give it a miss.

But any little bit of scent gets investigated with gusto and they turn into a bulldozer as they crash through the cover.

They thrive on human company but do have a habit of jumping up (and are very good at counter sweeping) but are happy with their own company for periods. They take up a lot more room on the settee and if they decide to use you as a pillow you are well and truly pinned down. Oh and the snoring.... I thought I could push them out but they give me a good run for my money.

What they are not, despite what some will tell you, slow or stupid.

I think this says it all

"The chief charm of a Clumber is that he looks and goes about his job as though nature had intended him for it, a solid and sturdy worker who simply loves a day in the fields. He will carry things around as soon as he is old enough for his pudgy little legs to stagger him about and goes on doing it until the evening of his days, duck, fur, feather, anything that comes."

Steve
musky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Great photo's and a very gorgeous Jago
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Stevel View Post
Neither really. They can be very obstinate but cannot be bullied because they just switch off if you try to.

My springer and cockers I have had in the past attack cover without a thought as to whether there is anything in there or not. A clumber is more selective and if he does not think there is any game in there he'll just give it a miss.

But any little bit of scent gets investigated with gusto and they turn into a bulldozer as they crash through the cover.

They thrive on human company but do have a habit of jumping up (and are very good at counter sweeping) but are happy with their own company for periods. They take up a lot more room on the settee and if they decide to use you as a pillow you are well and truly pinned down. Oh and the snoring.... I thought I could push them out but they give me a good run for my money.

What they are not, despite what some will tell you, slow or stupid.

I think this says it all

"The chief charm of a Clumber is that he looks and goes about his job as though nature had intended him for it, a solid and sturdy worker who simply loves a day in the fields. He will carry things around as soon as he is old enough for his pudgy little legs to stagger him about and goes on doing it until the evening of his days, duck, fur, feather, anything that comes."

Steve
Thankyou, i would never imagine a Clumber to be stupid at all and have never met one(but will do soon), spaniels are very much of strong mind n very loyal, faithful, if bit stubborn(?) at times
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 09:01 PM
He is lovely, I don't think I've ever seen a Clumber in the flesh. And yes, what a great place to walk!
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Fantastic pictures,Jago is gorgeous
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by Stevel View Post
Must admit that it does not always work but I don't show those shots
Maybe you need to do a blooper reel I love out-takes as well as the ones that work
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Great pictures!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >