Our sister sites
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-02-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by willowwisp
but not one of your respected kennels
Why not?
Willowwisp, it would be helpful if, when you quote, you would leave in the name of the member whose post you are quoting from, otherwise it is sometimes difficult for people to find the post to which you are referring if it is not one that they themselves have written.

With reference to your question, what I said was: "I find it hard to believe that any reputable breeder would do such a thing. BYBs & Millers yes, but not one of your respected kennels". That is, I would find it difficult to believe that an reputable, respected, ethical, breeder would simply dump a bitch on rescue as that would be a contradiction in terms. I cannot see your difficulty with that statement?
willowwisp
New Member!

13-02-2005, 01:41 AM
We have two here that were exceptionally well bred. One was bred extensively, the other was bred quite a bit and then dumped in rescue. The first was just "dumped" she was picked up straying. It has taken a long time to bring them back to weight and get them to trust again, the older of the two didnt know how to play and before we got her up to weight to have her speyed, she tried to "nurse" [mother] everything in sight. She was particularly fond of a soft teddy, still is in fact. They will stay here with us, they have been through too much already.

In an ideal world it wouldnt happen. We suspected who bred the first dog and contacted them. They were shocked at the state of her and did offer support but were happy enough to leave her with us. The people they had sold her to had stated they wanted her as a "pet", had given no indication they would use her as a breeding machine. They had moved away [conveniently] so it was a dead end as to why or how or what had happened to the little bitch.
benlinboxerdogs
New Member!

23-02-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by CBT
I think a club is an excellent idea. I think a registry is a very bad idea
the breeding of white boxers should not be encouraged in any way. Enabling pups to be registered could encourage people to think its Ok to breed them
Im a white boxer owner and I truly belive that they should not be bred, it is not necessary, and I believe its unethical.
I beg to differ on your belief that white boxers are as healthy as coloureds.

You can register white boxers with the kennel club, for those that are not aware many white boxer dogs take part in the agility and obedience ring and for that they need to be registered.
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Benlinboxerdogs thanx for your post.

Saffy my white Boxer is registered.
Rosievelvet
Dogsey Junior

27-02-2005, 12:14 AM
When we got our puppy [see her pic on photo page] we got a copy of her breeding parentage as opposed to a pedigree. I must admit I found it very interesting being able to trace back through the various breeding lines and seeing who was who and being able to go so far back and seeing the older famous blood lines.

RV
Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 11 12 13 14