View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-01-2007, 08:59 AM
i agree i hope it does make ppl sit and think about how they treat others.
i cant help but think it is a good way of getting ratings though for any person to be allowed to abuse another on tv to me is wrong, deal with the issues of today yeah but not in this type of way.
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Yes I do think it was a form of Racism. Those 3 girls bullied Shilpa and I feel that Shilpa was very dignified in the way that she "took it".

Danielle Stirred the situation and is very two faced imo. Jo's own family were quoted as saying that her behaviour has been disgraceful. And Jade well she was the ringleader and the abuse that she produced was unacceptable.

I am surprised that in todays multi-cultural Britain there is still racism. Britains Children are completely oblivious to skin colour, cultural difference and other religions yet somehow as the grow these things are brought to their attention (only in a minority before you jump down my throat!). I am lucky in the respect that I have been brought up with many different people. I have learn't SO much and have learn't so much about the world. My 7 year old brother's best friend is Muslim and their family have always invited my brother to experience their culture at their religious holidays and his understanding of their beliefs is amazing.

Jade and co are stupid little girls who need to wise up to the world around them ...The world is moving forward and they are being left behind. They need to grow up and admit their mistakes!!!!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
i agree i hope it does make ppl sit and think about how they treat others.
i cant help but think it is a good way of getting ratings though for any person to be allowed to abuse another on tv to me is wrong, deal with the issues of today yeah but not in this type of way.
It's interesting the tv thing. To me, bullying happens - no better or worse on or off tv. Maybe think of it like this - Off screen people go through it alone and Shilpa (rightly so) had the support of the nation behind her.

Thing is - if this had of occured in everyday life so many people would not bat an eye lid - the good thing about bb is that it shows every emotion and no one (unless edited) can hide their words you see everything so it makes it far more blatent where as in ordinary life people get away with cr@p like this and worse all the time - I only wish all people in life who make others feel bad should have to answer to the world for their actions - would make the world a better place.

I don't think this should be about Jade, Jo and Danielle not forgetting JACK! and whether or not we want to see their lives go down the pan - I personally don't - I think they have been silly - I think they will have alot to deal with as a result and that's good enough for me - But I do believe it should be about people in general. There are people saying allsorts about Jade and co who are not pure as the driven snow and rather than harking on about how vile she is I hope it makes ppl take stock of their own actions.

Gotta say I was watching this morning and it was nice to see Cleo being playful again and the group being relaxed and having a bit of a laugh.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by Dalmonda View Post
I am surprised that in todays multi-cultural Britain there is still racism.
even though we are in 2007 there is alot of hate in Briton and across the globe for minorities or any one different in anyway trust me.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Did you notice Danielle's very worried look on her face last night when they evicted Jade?? I think Danielle is c*apping herself!!!
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Well im glad that Goody has been voted out!

Its great that Big Brother decided to tell Jade what has happened on live tv - revealing to Goody that her comments and behaviour in the house had become the subject of questions and controversy in the House of Commons and of public debate in India.

I thought the wat Davina voiced the questions and urged answers out of Jade was brillient, she wasnt letting her tip-toe around them at all!

I am glad they showed her the unedited footage of exactly how she and her 'mascots' treated poor Shilpa.

Her words were: "It's nasty. im not racist'' and "I look like one of those people I don't like." (...?)

I would love to see her face when she realises that many stores have taken off her 'perfume.'

I am really sickened and angry at the way they have treated Shilpa (in my opinion jealousy because she is by far more beautiful than they are) and made the UK look ignorant and racist. By having one of Indias biggest celebritys on the show they should of been aware that this was being broadcast around the world and that thier actions would cause outrage... well they have shown thier true colours, and they aint pretty!

It is ironic that Big Brother, the program that made her famous back in 2002 her may be the one that breaks her also. I do hope she dissapears into obscurity. I despise the way she has become famous for being a stupid, common, loud mouthed chav, if this is the type of celebrity of the future in the UK I dont want to be here.
vic.zara2007
New Member!
Female 

20-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Jade is a racist i watched her last night and i think she is a loser. why be like that with somebody else. she is the same but a little darker then us i have a lot of friends who are like that and they slag them of to joking of course. I did like Jade and what the other girl said aboyt jade "she got famous through this enjoy" to right she did.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by kyektulu View Post
I do hope she dissapears into obscurity. I despise the way she has become famous for being a stupid, common, loud mouthed chav, if this is the type of celebrity of the future in the UK I dont want to be here.

And where is the difference between what jade has done, and what you have said?
Sorry, but calling Jade names makes you no better than her.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2007, 08:39 AM
It was racism, IMO as I've said before, but it wasn't meant as racism it was done through ignorance wich is worse really. When someone says 'I'm definitely not racist' and comes out with things like Jade did, it's worrying.

At least she saw it and apologised, but as Shilpa said, sometimes you can't take things back, they just stand for or against you and I think that will happen for Jade in this case.

Whilst she was the ringleader, she was egged on by Jo and Danielle and as Mys said, let's not forget Jack in all of this. Danielle was trying to cover her tracks wildly...but I suspect there are giong to be other ones coming out of that house who are going to have a very hard time....
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
It was racism, IMO as I've said before, but it wasn't meant as racism it was done through ignorance wich is worse really. When someone says 'I'm definitely not racist' and comes out with things like Jade did, it's worrying.

At least she saw it and apologised, but as Shilpa said, sometimes you can't take things back, they just stand for or against you and I think that will happen for Jade in this case.

Whilst she was the ringleader, she was egged on by Jo and Danielle and as Mys said, let's not forget Jack in all of this. Danielle was trying to cover her tracks wildly...but I suspect there are giong to be other ones coming out of that house who are going to have a very hard time....
Good post. I agree.
Page 11 of 15 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »