Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn
Ellas mum,
Please dont send me PM's I have said everything I need to on here, I have politely answered your questions, when your post stated you did not want to argue, you then struck back with insults and "what makes you an expert"

What is your more humane way here? Dont tell me of capture and release, and ist ridiculous to pretend anyone would want a wild animal that is not afraid of humans, and now it appears dogs too, released on their land to prey on someone elses pets, so what would you suggest?
Dawn.
i said i wasn going to argue with you about it , i asked what made you an expert as you obviosly no more than me and you answered me thats fine . thats not an insult you rolling eyes at me was , i was trying to understand and ask why humanely capture wasn an option thats all i got to say to you
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2006, 05:36 PM
lastly i pm"d you to tell you not to be so rude to me ie the rolling of the eyes end of discussion
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Ella's Mum
i said i wasn going to argue with you about it , i asked what made you an expert as you obviosly no more than me and you answered me thats fine . thats not an insult you rolling eyes at me was , i was trying to understand and ask why humanely capture wasn an option thats all i got to say to you
The smilie was as a point to you as in you were contradicting yourself, I would of expected you to realise that.

Your pm to me:
if you have a problem with me just say so i dont beat around the bush ie sending a roll grow up was childish to say the least which is why I asked you not to do it again, this is a serious matter with pets and other animals being slaughtered on their own property by a wild animal that has lost its fear, it couldnt get more "grown up"
Dawn.
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2006, 05:39 PM
get stuffed i asked a bloody question and no i dont beat around the bush thats me and i dont contrdict myself i was trying to understand why you think its ok yo shot something
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Foxes are by nature destructive of life, not to live, not to feed themselves or their young, not in self-protection. They kill for enjoyment and are perhaps the only other animal along with ourselves who do. In large numbers they are a destructive force in their area, in controlled numbers they are just about acceptable, but loosing your livelihood because a fox decides to kill most of your chickens for the hell of it makes you feel very little compassion for them.

Would never condone cruelty to any animal but unfortunately the fox does not have this ethic, so as far as I am concerned they need to be controlled and as shooting or trapping is now the only option then it should be done in order to protect peoples pets and the local wildlife. An area overrun with foxes is an area devoid of its natural wild life.

A fox that kills in daylight and is unafraid of humans and dogs in not just an economic pest it is down right dangerous.

It is true we have changed the face of our world, but by stopping the foxes natural preditors, us and our dogs, we are asking to loose our local wild life and find the wild fox becomes the urban fox because food is in every dustbin and there are loads of small animals to kill to keep them amused.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

17-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Calm down everyone.

Think this thread is best locked. When it comes to animals, any animals, on a site like ours the topic will always be very emotive.

Not everyone regards some animals as vermin, take buddists for example, or even people who own 'rats' as pets.
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5