Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2021, 10:19 AM

Daily Chat Wednesday 14th April

Good morning everyone

Sory to hear about Margaret, hope the scan shows it has not spread and also hope good news for Laurens brother also

Lovely morning here and quite warm. Teazle walked and some gardening done. Washing done and ironed so hopefully a quieter afternoon

Hope all are well. Stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2021, 10:30 AM
Morning Sue and all to come. Like you Sue been for a walk and then sorted stuff ready for the Lions to collect. Sorted out a bank account and now thinking whats to eat for lunch? Probably sweet and sour chicken. Yum. Have a good day.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2021, 11:10 AM
Afternoon all
Just waiting for mum to come home from the hospital, 3 appointments today and they have done everything on her...... she's got to be seen again in 3 months. It's the longest she's been out in a year and I have had the Spanish inquisition as to where to get the bus home, the return journey may be somewhat hindered by the fact that a hand grenade has apparently been found and the bus goes right past it lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-04-2021, 12:27 PM
Afternoon Sue, brenda, griff and all to follow.

Thank you all for the good wishes for Margaret and Lee.

We had a phone call at 7.30 this morning from the boss of the scaffolding company. Get a quote and we will pay for replacement fascia board. Gorden did mention we need to see it after the scaffold comes down but he said I am agreeing there is damage.
There is no damage along the board itself but the corner has come away. We will get a quote to see if it can repaired if not the whole board will be replaced and the scaffold company will foot the bill.
Graham next door has them coming out to look at his roof bit over his front
door and next doors being a terrace it all runs as one as that is coming apart.
He is not happy with his roof either the end of where the ridge finishes a shoddy job with cementing along the ridge to.
He paid up front silly thing to do on such a big job and expensive job, the left cigarette ends all over the path and never swept up any mess very bad they certainly won't be getting recommended.

Chris we will go out hen it's dark to maybe set the bricks.

Hope mum got on ok griff and that her journey home isn't to arduous.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2021, 02:58 PM
Lynn, glad the fella is going to pay for the damage
Second jab......all done! That's me fully vaccinated now, just 3 weeks and I should be as protected as I ever will be
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2021, 03:05 PM
My wonderful afternoon has consisted of a dog food delivery, a fella coming to measure up two blown window panels and a waste company to take away some old doors, a lawnmower, a mattress , a petrol mower and so other odd bits. How do I live with such excitement?

Our walk this morning was lovely though and we went to the park instead of the lake. Made a change for us and the park is beautifully kept
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-04-2021, 03:51 PM
Well I spoke to soon.
We have a schoolboy spat going on between roofer and scaffolder. I got a call from scaffolder (boss) asking me to get Graham to call him as he is not answering his phone, not sure if he thought I lived there to.
I pointed out he was my neighbour and he was out and if I see him I will but do not draw me in.
He is complaining he hasn't been paid. I know he hasn't but this isn't my business.
Now he says he needs to meet us tomorrow and speak about the damage, I pointed out this was a very different conversation he had with Gorden at 7.30.
I rang the roofer and said you two need to deal with this and I wouldn't mind but this was nothing to do with us till the scaffolders made a mistake this shouldn't of affected us at all.
Roofer said it will cost £2000 if the scaffolder gets back in touch tell him that he is assuming we are going to let him do the work, after seeing the mess left behind cigarette butts no sweeping we are not so sure now.
We are getting an independent company to look for us.
Roofer says the fascia is 20 years old and has rotten wood behind it it will all need stripping etc., as far as I am aware and what Wendy has said that was all new before we moved in.
Admittedly it's dusty, dirty but it has been to cold to clean it.

I have emailed the insurance company to see if they would replace it and we pay the excess. What a nightmare.
Peed off is not a strong enough word. Graham isn't happy with either of them.
Roofer is calling the scaffolder a druggie and why tell me how much I don't need to know any of these things. So unprofessional on both sides.

Watch this space.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2021, 08:54 PM
Oh Lynn, it sounds like the gunfight at the OK Coral. I hope you get it sorted out soon. It's a right mess
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2021, 09:34 PM
God Lynn, so... your neighbours had work done...his workmen damag d your property and now you are being asked to pass messages between the 3 and the builder has decided that he can charge 2grand for a fascia.....not being funny but we got the front of a 3 storey house ( 2 sections) rendered with scaffolding included for about £2000 we had the apex cladded in uPVC and the porch cladding downpipe and gutter replaced and that was £650 ....I think you will find it much cheaper when someone else quotes and actually, what we found was that as long as there's something to fasten the cladding too, they tend not to replace the wood....our fella was a proper workmen who took pride in his work and he checked the wood, said there was something for him to fasten the uPVC too and he wouldn't rip us off replacing stuff that didn't need replacing
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2021, 12:36 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Well I spoke to soon.
We have a schoolboy spat going on between roofer and scaffolder. I got a call from scaffolder (boss) asking me to get Graham to call him as he is not answering his phone, not sure if he thought I lived there to.
I pointed out he was my neighbour and he was out and if I see him I will but do not draw me in.
He is complaining he hasn't been paid. I know he hasn't but this isn't my business.
Now he says he needs to meet us tomorrow and speak about the damage, I pointed out this was a very different conversation he had with Gorden at 7.30.
I rang the roofer and said you two need to deal with this and I wouldn't mind but this was nothing to do with us till the scaffolders made a mistake this shouldn't of affected us at all.
Roofer said it will cost £2000 if the scaffolder gets back in touch tell him that he is assuming we are going to let him do the work, after seeing the mess left behind cigarette butts no sweeping we are not so sure now.
We are getting an independent company to look for us.
Roofer says the fascia is 20 years old and has rotten wood behind it it will all need stripping etc., as far as I am aware and what Wendy has said that was all new before we moved in.
Admittedly it's dusty, dirty but it has been to cold to clean it.

I have emailed the insurance company to see if they would replace it and we pay the excess. What a nightmare.
Peed off is not a strong enough word. Graham isn't happy with either of them.
Roofer is calling the scaffolder a druggie and why tell me how much I don't need to know any of these things. So unprofessional on both sides.

Watch this space.

For Gods sake. You should not be claiming on your insurance; get good independent companies to get you a quote; and tell whoever it is who is responsible you will be charging them for your time. You do not need this poor customer service and so unprofessional do either of them belong to a professional body?