View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SneaksyWhippet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Good luck with your viewing! My mum has had two similar loan arrangements. The second one has just ended because she made an agreement to buy the horse so she now owns him completely
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 10:23 AM
- How many days you will be part loaning him for?
- How much you will pay per week?
- What costs will you pay on top of that. I.E. Shoeing etc
- What you will be allowed to participate in under insurance I.E dressage/hacking/SJ etc
- What is his past medical history?
- What is his present medical history/management?
- Are there any restrictions on the yard? (regards to clothing/opening hours/children etc)
- Does s/he have any vices? (Cribbing/box walking/bucking etc)

I already have a BHS loan agreement drawn up, which was used when my boy when on full loan, but was extremely useful. Also I would advise taking out BHS gold membership so your covered for riders insurance.

Thats all I can think of for now...
Roofs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Exciting! I've part loaned, loaned and I now have a part loaner for my horse to share the riding.

It's fantastic. My two part loans were wonderful school masters one a 16.1hh warmblood x tb 18 years old and wonderfully schooled but totally safe, he got me addicted to the buzz of jumpinhg. After that I part loaned a 13.2hh New Forest pony, I used to hack him out for four hours at a time and we'd go everywhere, again a wonderful experience.

After that I loaned a 5 year old ex-racehorse and after 6 months I bought him, he's been with me ever since!

He's now shared by a lovely lady who's just moved to the country, she rides him beautifully, she rides 3 days a week (including Sunday) and pays me £20, he lives out so no mucking out and that includes shoes etc.

The only proviso I have is that I've asked her to get rider insurance, I always had it when loaning and my horse has PL insurance so I just wanted to make sure everyone is covered!

When we start going out to do dressage I will ask if she wants to do a test as well as I think she'd enjoy that. (and probably do better than me! )
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 02:40 PM
At the moment all I know is she wants him to be ridden 2/3 days a week, I've said I just want him for some hacking out and schooling, I'm no where near competition level, I just enjoy riding and find it's one of the few things I can do to switch my brain off from all the other stuff except me and the horse I also find brushing them really therapeutic especially when they've had a good roll in the mud and are filthy! Weird I know

It's part of my master plan to show OH that we can cope with one of our own seeing as we've got a paddock going to waste and I need to get my legs back up to speed for our Canadian riding holiday in August

I will definitely get it in writing how much, what for etc I'd hate for it to go all wrong and end up in court or something

Thanks for all your advice, I'll let my friend read it to so she can remain the sensible one on Friday

This is him
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2012, 02:51 PM
I hate stating the obvious, but make sure there's a trial period written into the ageement.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Can I ask is his name Max?
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
Can I ask is his name Max?
Not sure tbh, I'll let you know on Fri - why? do you know him??
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
Not sure tbh, I'll let you know on Fri - why? do you know him??
He looks very familiar to me... Will dig out the horse called Max I know and have a closer look as his markings.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Just looked, the horse I am thinking of has a slightly higher white sock.... but facial marking etc are almost identical!
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 10:03 PM
If you want to do hacking, i'd make sure he's good on roads, i went to try a horse that was described in the advert as bombproof on the roads, if bombproof = rodeoing everytime a car goes past then he was just as described! and another good to hack a lone, which wasn't untrue, but only if there was NO wind, the second there was he was on two legs!!

I'd have a good agreement on price, also what happens if while in your care the horse suffers an injury that results in a heart attack inducing vet bill. Make sure all bases are covered.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >