Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I love wildlife, but the logical part of me says what's the point in rescuing something that is going to be hunted down and shot anyway. Why rescue a Grey Squirrel and then have it live a life in captivity? Are you doing it for the Squirrel or for your own conscience?

If I found baby animals I wouldn't rescue them tbh, it wouldn't even occur to me. There used to be baby crows hopping around all over the place in Spring where I used to live. I never rescued them, they inevitably died and got eaten by another predator - that's life. Wild animals suffer every day, it's part of Mother Nature. A litter of baby rabbits could easily be a baby raptors next meal after all?!
and you know for sure that the animal is going to be eventally hunted down and killed? Deers that are released are released with ear tags, are there many hunters that would want these deers? I mean they couldnt be eatten!

All we can do is try, if an animal needs help - then it needs help. I could never walk past and animal and know its in danger/suffering and leave it. what kind of animal lover would that make me? Animals cant book into a hospital, pop a table for pain, feed its self when to young and its mum has been killed - or infact have an owner to take its for regular vet checks.

Personally I dont agree with keeping wild animals in captivity to a certain extent.. But when you have some one from the general public turn up with one, what can you do? You have to take it in, and treat it.. Its your job, its a shame that it then would have to spend its life like that - but I'll tell ya now there are some cracking squirrel sanctuaries around...rightly or wrongly.

Its good that you can walk past an animal suffering, and sleep at night knowing you didnt bother trying.. I havent the heart to do that.
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2010, 10:46 PM
If you didn't rescue them they would inevitably complete the food chain and get eaten!
but the point is they deserve a chance to survive...just as a deer or a fox does
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 10:49 PM
DD-----you wrote 'Animals all deserve a chance, '

Playing devils advocate----I assume that includes puppy farmed pups and dogs?

For the record I agree with you!

rune
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
DD-----you wrote 'Animals all deserve a chance, '

Playing devils advocate----I assume that includes puppy farmed pups and dogs?

For the record I agree with you!

rune
Ohh dont you start
Its different with buying (knowingly) from puppy farms, as you are making room for more, and supporting them.
I do think all pups deserve a loving home though, no matter who bred the dog ... Although I wouldnt choose to go to a puppy farm, knowing it was one..But once their I wouldnt be leaving with out changing one poor dogs life..
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
and you know for sure that the animal is going to be eventally hunted down and killed? Deers that are released are released with ear tags, are there many hunters that would want these deers? I mean they couldnt be eatten!

All we can do is try, if an animal needs help - then it needs help. I could never walk past and animal and know its in danger/suffering and leave it. what kind of animal lover would that make me? Animals cant book into a hospital, pop a table for pain feed its self when to young and its mum has been killed.

Personally I dont agree with keeping wild animals in captivity to a certain extent.. But when you have some one from the general public turn up with one, what can you do? You have to take it in, and treat it.. Its your job, its a shame that it then would have to spend its life like that - but I'll tell ya now there are some cracking squirrel sanctuaries around...rightly or wrongly.

Its good that you can walk past an animal suffering, and sleep at night knowing you didnt bother trying.. I havent the heart to do that.
First things first and I mean no offence, but the plural of Deer is Deer.

Secondly, I know these animals will be hunted. Whether they're killed is anyone's guess. But if nature was left to take it's course, there'd be no guess work in it.

Let's say, hypothetically, you saved every baby/adult animal that was left to suffer and as a result a nest of Barn Owls died. Would that be a good result?

It's not a case of walking past an animal that's suffering, (although I know you'd like to think you're an animal rescuing angel and I'm the devil equivalent! ), it's a case of letting nature take its course I suppose. I've lived in the country all my life and rescued one Sparrow in all that time for which I got a severe telling off for. Wildlife needs to be managed as we've taken away all the natural predators. Managing means controlling and those whose numbers are already too vast should be despatched or left to let nature take it's course. Just my opinion of course.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by NOUSHKA05 View Post
but the point is they deserve a chance to survive...just as a deer or a fox does
They were born, that is their chance.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by NOUSHKA05 View Post
Just as a deer or fox does.............and a sheep or a cow????? Oh wait, where would we buy our burgers and lamb chops from!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 11:00 PM

Secondly, I know these animals will be hunted. Whether they're killed is anyone's guess. But if nature was left to take it's course, there'd be no guess work in it.

Let's say, hypothetically, you saved every baby/adult animal that was left to suffer and as a result a nest of Barn Owls died. Would that be a good result?

It's not a case of walking past an animal that's suffering, (although I know you'd like to think you're an animal rescuing angel and I'm the devil equivalent! ), it's a case of letting nature take its course I suppose. I've lived in the country all my life and rescued one Sparrow in all that time for which I got a severe telling off for. Wildlife needs to be managed as we've taken away all the natural predators. Managing means controlling and those whose numbers are already too vast should be despatched or left to let nature take it's course. Just my opinion of course.
Thanks for the english lesson..

ermm I am certainly no animal rescuing angel..I rescued Zani, and have 'helped' on a few rescue at the wild life hospital - Yes im pleased I have helped an animal...Stopped and prevent more suffering.. If you wish to think as your self as the devil equivalent, be my guest because I for sure never suggested such a thing.. Your entitled to your opinion, as am I..and mine wont change... thankfully.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Just as a deer or fox does.............and a sheep or a cow????? Oh wait, where would we buy our burgers and lamb chops from!
Being a veggie comes in handy ohh wait.. Noush is a veggie
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2010, 11:09 PM

but in most cases nature was nothing to do with them being injured in the 1st place so its putting right a wrong imo,, and your scenario is contradictory if there are 'vast' numbers of animals out there to feed on then saving the odd baby/adult wont cause the barn owlets any harm

just to add if people didnt persecute predators like foxes there wouldnt be much need to control rodents and rabbits.

They were born, that is their chance.
thank goodness wildlife hospitals dont think like this lol
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »