Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2005, 06:03 PM

South east folk :)

Hi all

Wondering if any of you from the South East Kent might know of any dog kennels (not looking to put Fern there any time soon though just preparing well in advance) but would love some recommendations if any of your doggies have spent time in boarding kennels while you've had to go overseas.

I found one on the web in Sittingbourne* but I don't consider it the safest of places to venture into so wondering if anyone else knew of a place which has great kennels in a location that is safe

Thanks for your help.

xi

*Apologies to anyone who may live or come from Sittingbourne, it's just a personal opinion of the place nothing more - promise.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-10-2005, 06:08 PM
the time your dog needs a kennels not sure if it will still be open
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2005, 06:13 PM
The only way I'd do it Ingrid, is by recommendations and personal viewing by myself, but since we put 2 dogs in kennels once for a week, we vowed never to do it again, we came home with different dogs, not literally, but their temperaments had changed completely.

We now take separate holidays! That's just us though! What about local dog sitting people who come and live in your home for a week, better still if you know them or can be recommended to one! I would even do that myself I think if I was pushed into it.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-10-2005, 06:15 PM
that`s the way helen you go on holiday and dave stays at home with the dogs
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Helen you go on holiday seperately Aww that makes me sad

No chance that OH and I could do that we'd rather drive each other insane together rather than driving each other insane apart

I know what you are saying though - we thought about sitters but to be honest we are yet to find trustworthy people in the town we live in with the exception of one set of neighbours but she's struggling with cancer at the moment I would never wish to ask her to sit for Fern (even though she has offered, she loves dogs) but Fern is full on and needs someone with a strong leadership skills or Fern will take his liberties which isn't ideal really.

It's a tough one to solve - I am hoping someone really caring has a set of kennels somewhere out this way.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Fred, I don't understand :smt017

My light might not be switched on properly though

Originally Posted by Fred
the time your dog needs a kennels not sure if it will still be open
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
Fred, I don't understand :smt017

My light might not be switched on properly though
i ment it will be quiet a time before you put your dog in a kennel wont it ?
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2005, 06:34 PM
Ahh I see what you mean
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-10-2005, 07:41 PM
MC if you can't find a kennels you like go to the newsagent and buy 'The Lady' magazine for 'Gentlefolk ' it comes out on a Tuesday and has very good 'sitters' agencies like 'Country Cousins '..(mostly retired gentlefolk) you may well find a butler and ladies maid too..please don't forget your gloves when interviwing
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
MC if you can't find a kennels you like go to the newsagent and buy
'The Lady' magazine for 'Gentlefolk ' it comes out on a Tuesday and has very good 'sitters' like 'Country Cousins '..you may well find a butler and ladies maid too..please don't forget your gloves when interviwing
:smt017 :smt044:smt044:smt044
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »