View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 12:35 PM
What a moving story. I can only echo what others have said, that you showed dear Max love and care before he left the world. Run free Max.
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2007, 10:40 AM
I am sure he loved every minute of his time with you. It is a shame it was so short. We lost our rescue GSD after only a year. He had also been mistreated and starved. I think sometimes what they have been through does shorten their lives but it is nice knowing you have made it up to them if only for a short time, but you still feel cheated losing them so soon.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Oh Chellie, my heart breaks for you, I'm crying just now after reading Maxs story, good on you for giving him a quality of life he would other wise never have known. Run Free Max xx
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
Chellie, this broke my heart reading this What a life that poor lad had before you took him

At least you have the comfort in knowing if it wasn't for you, Max would of died an awful death and all alone You gave him a year of love and affection, that's more than he would of had with his previous owner.

Sleep tight Max xx
run free at the bridge max you know that not all humans are bad,sleep tight wee man
Deja
New Member!
Female 

16-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Chellie, what a sad and moving tale. Poor poor Max, I wish too that you had been given a chance to keep him longer, and am so pleased that he had you with him for the time that you did.

What a hard decision you had to make with regard to your children too, and how lovely that you had spoken to them and they understood what was happening.

I have a lump in my throat the size of a cricket ball and the tears are flowing but at the same time I am so happy for Max that he had at least for half of his life a kind and loving home when you found him.

Well done you.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-04-2007, 08:02 AM
Chellie,
It takes a heck of a lot to put a tear in my eye but you sure did it with the story of Max. You gave him a year of life he would probably not have had, and he had your love and affection, plus I think you can be sure your children learned from the experience too.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Oh Chellie, although Max's story made me cry I want to thank you for sharing it with us.

What a difference you and your family made to his life. Without you he would almost certainly have died a very lonely death in his shed.

Although he was so young to die I'm know that he would have loved every second of his life with you and your family and when the time came he passed away surrounded by the people who loved him, cared for him and saved him. xx
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2007, 09:26 AM
At least he had a year of happiness & love which is more than many dogs get

Run free at The Bridge Max, healthy & free from pain
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Poor Max. He was so lucky to have found you.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2