Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2023, 07:20 AM

Sultry Saturday 17th June 2023

Morning all. Yep bit sultry here. New word. Hope you all had a good day yesterday and evening. Been for my walk and yep still warm out there despite cloudy sky. Have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-06-2023, 07:29 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Weather sounds similar to here brenda.
Gorden has a couple more planks to lay in the spare room and do the beading, then we can start putting things back.
I hope we can get that all done today and have a more restful day tomorrow.

Keep cool and hydrated everyone and have a lovely day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2023, 10:23 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

Good you had a pleasant walk Brenda

In the home stretch Lynn hope it is all finished today then you can relax tomorrow. Hope Lauren and Frey are better today.

Just had a quick shower of rain and I mean quick. Taking car in to have its new windscreen fitted this afternoon so have to amuse myself for 3 hours whilst I wait.

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-06-2023, 10:40 AM
Morning Sue. Freya is improving but now has a cold and cough.
Mind you since starting nursery we have never really known her without at least a cold.
Mark says they are all tired, which isn't surprising.
Nearly there with the flooring, then we can start getting back to normal whatever that is.

Good luck with the windscreen and hopefully it's a bit cooler for you today to find something to do while you wait.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2023, 03:06 PM
Good afternoon all

Lovely day here - overcast and pleasantly warm not hot. We took advantage of it and had a longer run out today

Ted got his first experience of sand which he loved. We can't get on the beach both because my foot isn't up to it and neither is either of our breathing, but there's a build up of sand on the prom when we go out the other way to our normal so like a giant sand pit
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2023, 03:44 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Had a lovely first bit of my holiday and really enjoyed having Burt as well he settled better than we expected and to be honest Sue has said she has seen a massive change in him this week alone he is not barking at people when out and about with Sue and she said he appears more confident. I did nothing really bar keep him out of the heat provide water and brunch/lunch which he grazes at home as food always down or treats I put lunch down he had 15 minutes (as new to him) picked it up by Wednesday I put it down he was sitting waiting ate it all and carried on like that Thursday and Friday. He was fine with people popping in and out as well none of the "scared barking" don't mind him letting me know someone is around or door or "men on scaffolding" but silly time barking not my thing. A quick "thats enough" soon settled him.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2023, 03:53 PM
I did wonder if a "small dog" was me but I think not I think Border/westie size and above. But that's all speculation. Have decided to paint the wall around the porch door and windows inside going with the colour of the mirror in the hall so getting paint colour matched I feel like I could easily "care more" for the house than I do repair etc wise. So making a start.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2023, 03:58 PM
Lynn So pleased there is progress for Freya and the family and that you are all ale to go away and enjoy your holiday Love the possible puppy name.
Brenda Pleased you are enjoying your walks and sultry could be in keeping are you getting a veil and doing dance of 7 veils down on the prom? LOL How is Margaret's daughter?
Sue Hopefully the new windscreen will be clear if defects. For 3 hours I would take a book or my kindle and read with a snack/sarnie and drink.
Chris Ted sounds an adorable little chap so pleased you got him. When do you get your eyes done?
Griff Hope all is good with you and yours.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2023, 04:31 PM
The cateract op should be within the next couple of months (doctors' strikes permitting) and the injections are an ongoing thing unfortunately
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2023, 06:49 PM
A veil over the face might be a good idea?lol!! Just watched both Paddington's. They were a bit cheesey but lots of known actor faces. Enjoy the rest of your evening peeps.